ADVERTISEMENT

Stonehill Post-Game Presser (Cal/Sheppard/Dillingham/Mitchell)

"I love playing against zone as a coach."

Uh oh, that's gonna trigger some people hear, lol

“We need a team full of guys with the mentality of Reed and Rob” - Cal
Was interesting in that nearly all of his comments were about Reed/Rob and Wagner/Edwards. Can tell he really wants to see Wagner and Edwards get things going. We definitely need that to reach our ceiling and they obviously need a lot of minutes but I'd love to see Cal shift more of the minutes to Reed/Rob and pull a few back from Wagner/Edwards until they play better.

Was interesting in that nearly all of his comments were about Reed/Rob and Wagner/Edwards. Can tell he really wants to see Wagner and Edwards get things going. We definitely need that to reach our ceiling and they obviously need a lot of minutes but I'd love to see Cal shift more of the minutes to Reed/Rob and pull a few back from Wagner/Edwards until they play better.

I think that if we start getting into the meat of the schedule and wagner and Edwards are still struggling bad he should definitely pull their minutes. But in these early games it’s important to try to let them play and breakthrough

I think that if we start getting into the meat of the schedule and wagner and Edwards are still struggling bad he should definitely pull their minutes. But in these early games it’s important to try to let them play and breakthrough
Oh, for sure. I don't mean cut their minutes sharply or anything. Maybe just shift a few more to Rob/Reed, especially in the tougher games where they're better able to help us win right now.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
I thought DJ would be able to get into the slabs easier. He seems to get down on himself also. Honestly not sure about Edwards. Either way , I agree with others. They have to be great for UK to do something special this season.

Reactions: WildcatFan60
I thought DJ would be able to get into the slabs easier. He seems to get down on himself also. Honestly not sure about Edwards. Either way , I agree with others. They have to be great for UK to do something special this season.
The “getting down on himself “ is the main thing I worry about with him.

Reactions: bigbluemagoo
That's fair. I just worry Cal won't pull the minutes back if they don't improve.

Reactions: Cawood86
Cal is going to play whomever he thinks gives us the best chance to win.

Wagner and Edwards are going to bust out. They are both too good to not.

Reactions: shodaman
Why does Cal find it necessary to insult everyone in virtually ever presser?

You can see in his last two interviews that he's taken a lot of the criticism about his player development to heart. He's been lashing out.

Some things never change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT