ADVERTISEMENT

Stinch on Finebaum

khole

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2002
I don't mind him as an announcer and I think he's generally fair when it comes to UK although clearly, he's never that impressed by us. In his interview recently, he was accurate in his assessment of the offense but he sounded like a b*tch when discussing the defense. Very hard to give actual credit. Said he wasn't sure who the stars of the defense were, maybe Deone, but that "it's hard for a 3 technique to impact the game consisetnelty." I know what he means, but having just announced a game where Deone was impacting the game consistently I thought that was a dumb comment. If Deone was at Georgia, he'd be talking about him like an All-American who impacts the game consistently. Also no mention of Trevin Wallace. And Maxwell is a "good" but not lockdown corner. And Vandy gifted us 21 points. He's not totally wrong but I wanted to punch him by the end because he put a negative spin on some very positive things from that game. I would say good defense caused a lot of those gifts, we won by 17 and literally can't get out of our own way on offense a lot of the time. Maxwell is a sophomore who is emerging as we speak and yes, could be a potential star and lock down corner. Even if not, how many guys get 2 pick sixes in a game? And Deone can actually effect an entire game. You just watched him do it. Prick. Full disclosure I stopped watching with a bit to go in the interview so perhaps he turned it around although I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News