ADVERTISEMENT

Steak Restaurant Inside Fayette Mall in the Late 70s, Maybe Early 80s

BeaveUKGT

Junior
Nov 13, 2003
My couch
Random question for anybody who might remember:

Back in the late 70s, maybe into the early 80s, there was a 'steakhouse' type of restaurant inside Fayette Mall, on the right side right just inside the main entrance off the Nicholasville Road side (the entrance that now has P.F. Changs and Abuelo's on the outside).

Anybody remember the name of that? I thought of it for some reason but can't remember what it was called.

The rolls at York Steakhouse were the best ever. They had one over by Oxmoor Mall in Louisville too. Went there all the time as a kid.

Reactions: Sidelinecat2
Cliff Hagan's was the best.

Not mentioned yet, but Mr. Steak on Nicholasville would hook you UP on your berfday.

Nighthawk Special is $14.99 now. Barf (the wife loves it)

I used my meal card to buy some great steaks from K-Lair back in the late 70's/early 80's. I think it was steak.

York's used to have the best chocolate pudding, more than likely it was that canned shit but still good. Tried to get hired on as a busboy back when I was 14.

I remember KMart having more of a cafeteria type setting than deli, memory could be faulty. I remember the Steak & Ale on Nicholasville Rd. along with Shakey's Pizza and when McDs opened with the bottom floor seating. I moved away from Lexington in '77 and spent a year in Lawrenceburg before moving to Austin in '78. Tommy's? on Nich. Rd. had some of the best biscuits & gravy I've ever had. There was the little putt-putt/Driving Range place across from Zandale SC that had the pitching machine.

Ponderosa on Southland Drive was the best steak in Lexington.

I once had a phobia to sitting on toilet bathroom seats. One time at Ponderosa on Southland Dr, I had to take a dump after dinner. The bathroom door was broke. So I ended up sitting on my hands and held the door with my teeth. That's my only Ponderosa memory.

I once had a phobia to sitting on toilet bathroom seats. One time at Ponderosa on Southland Dr, I had to take a dump after dinner. The bathroom door was broke. So I ended up sitting on my hands and held the door with my teeth. That's my only Ponderosa memory.

From other posts, a bathroom door would have been one of the more sanitary things your teeth have apparently been in contact with.

It did. On the right side where the kids departments are now. Walgreens and McAlpins did too, in Turfland Mall.
Yes, by Deli i meant to say cafeteria. Asked a buddy and it was not KMart deli it was cafeteria. Pretty large area to eat.

Last edited:
What was the name of the wavepool-type thing right there at the Nicholasville Rd exit off New Circle

I'd get one of these bad boys every trip to the KMart Cafeteria:

65ae7f2613b04bf91c5719661b48e31c.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT