ADVERTISEMENT

St joes beats 18 villanova

That win now looks good on our resume
A lot of fans were freaking out after UK beat then in OT, especially b/c they had lost to TAM Commerce...but St Joe's was an absolute no show that game. I have no idea where their heads were collectively...

But make no mistake, they are a solid team, and a good win for UK. I said in a different thread that they remind me of FAU from last year. They love the three ball and have good athletes that can create on their own and blow by the defense (which UK saw first hand). As long as they stay healthy, wouldn't be surprised to see them make a good run in March.

They have to win their conference tournament or get an at large bid for it to look good. As it stands it's only a fringe quad 2/quad 3 win.
Unfortunately it is very unlikely that the win over St Joe's would be considered anything better than a quad 2 win. Because UK was at home, St Joe's would have to be rated in the top 30 of the NET for it to be considered a quad 1 win.

It is unlikely that a mid major will rise to the top 30 of the NET, so hopefully will end up as a quad 2 when it is all said and done.

St. Joe also lost to Texas A&M-Commerce. If they go on and have a good season and win their conference then all is good.
So, Villanova is worse than TAMC? St. Joe's just kinda erased that loss beating Nova. They moved up nearly 40 spots in Kenpom.

We won that game. That's all that matters. Now had we lost it, what you're saying would make sense. But we got the dub and then proceeded to drill our next two opponents. We're fine.

Reactions: -BBH-
Unfortunately it is very unlikely that the win over St Joe's would be considered anything better than a quad 2 win. Because UK was at home, St Joe's would have to be rated in the top 30 of the NET for it to be considered a quad 1 win.

It is unlikely that a mid major will rise to the top 30 of the NET, so hopefully will end up as a quad 2 when it is all said and done.
This. People act like wins are bad all of a sudden.

Reactions: chroix
That win now looks good on our resume
People joke around like the are a final 4 team but they played really good basketball and had some shooters. They played us tougher than Miami did. I don’t think Nova is all that grand this year but still that’s a solid win for them.

Reactions: chroix
It's more than just metrics and quad wins. St. Joes is proving to be a pretty good team, and while we needed OT to beat them, we still wound up proving better, even early in the season when we are still figuring things out.

If for nothing else, a win over beating a team in the top100 kind of gives you an assessment of how you stack up against better competition.

Reactions: bbncal02
St. Joe also lost to Texas A&M-Commerce. If they go on and have a good season and win their conference then all is good.
That tam-commerce game is their evansville...it'll end up costing them a seed line or two in the tourney, assuming they secure the auto-bid. Could cost them a spot if they're hoping for an at large bid

Nova is a weird team. Wins over Maryland, Texas Tech, UNC and Memphis and losses to Penn and Saint Joe's. Big 5 basketball baby!

His high is 18 minutes but he only played 8 vs st joes. Played 2 vs UNC. I had to look into it, i was wondering the same thing. He's shot 1 for 4 on the season
Could have gotten that here backing up Mitchell. Must have just wanted a change of scenery.

Reactions: catman15
Villanova is very interesting. They have wins over Maryland, Texas Tech, UNC, and Memphis, but only two losses to a couple of our opponents, Saint Josephs and Penn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT