ADVERTISEMENT

Spinoff II. Favorite/ Least Favorite Late Night Hosts

812scottj

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2014
Evansville, IN
Best….Carson and Letterman

Everyone else is tied for the worst, but Trevor Noah, John Oliver, and Jay Leno form the foundation for the basement

Conan O’Brien upper mid tier….had some moments

Over the decades I've enjoyed a little Johnny Carson, David Letterman, John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Arsenio Hall, but late-night talk shows aren't my thing. Conan's my favorite, but I've never watched him much either. I prefer his writing to his late-night act -- his few episodes of "The Simpsons" are all classics, and "Not Necessarily the News" is one of the first "adult" shows that I liked when I was a kid.

I've seen very, very little of Jay Leno, John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Jimmy Kimmel, or any of the others. I'm glad for those who enjoy 'em, but they're really, really not for me, especially guys like Oliver and Noah, who basically just preach political rhetoric to their audiences.

Anyone remember The Chevy Chase show? If you don't, consider it a blessing. XD

I think I was 14 when Conan debuted and I absolutely loved it. It was so awkward/weird/stupid that I couldn’t turn it off (no matter how much my dad threatened me for staying up so late).

Letterman was always my favorite then Conan. Carson will always be the king though. I was never a fan of Leno at all, Ferguson had a good run.

Fallon and Kimmel are ok but honestly I rarely ever watch those shows anymore, I’m hardly ever still up then, getting old I guess.

Letterman is the only one I ever made an effort to watch. I’ll catch Fallon here and there and enjoy the little skits and games and stuff. Interviews, not so much.

Conan was amazing to teenage Ron - “in the year 2000” was one I always enjoyed. Just multiple great skits. Also enjoyed Letterman and remember when the top 10 would be replayed on the morning news. The new ones (Kimmel, Colbert, etc) are waaaaay too political and just awful. Like good lord what’s with all the damn politics? Even John Oliver I used to like in the beginning because he would rag on both sides a little and then he completely lost his shit and became unwatchable when Trump won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT