ADVERTISEMENT

Sony buys rights to Queen's catalog for over $1 billion

Dylan and Springsteen have done the same recently.

Personally, I think Dylan’s music had a lot more cultural significance and Bobby should have just said “when I die let the world have it”.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Am I crazy to think that there are only, maybe, 5 Queen songs that would have any appreciable market value whatsoever?
More like 20. The expectation before the purchase was roughly 40 million per year in revenue. Im sure Sony has some plans in place to increase that and then you have to accept a steady appreciation due to inflation.

Its interesting that Freddie's friend Mary holds a 75% stake in Freddie's share. His sister holds the other 25%.

I love Queen and Another One Bites the Dust was the greatest roller skating song in all my time doing that but I have never seen a movie or bought a product because of a song. The Pixies are one of my all time favorite bands and their biggest song is what I think is the main song from the movie Fight Club but it's never even crossed my mind to watch that movie.

magnet-roller-skates-wile-e-coyote-looney-tunes-4gw4ygjij61an6ug.gif

Magnetic take G.

Radio Ga Ga. Best song ever. Watch it on the Live at Wembley Stadium dvd and you will feel like you are there. Just awesome.

Wonder how much May, Taylor and Deacon get? Would Freddie's estate or something get any?
Depends on how they split the songwriting credits.

According to Roger Taylor, Queen has always split their songwriting credits equally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT