ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Some Notes

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
VJ Edgecombe: Still not confident in where he’ll end up. Hasn’t been much Kentucky buzz from people I’ve talked to.

Darryn Peterson: Talked to some people on the agency side and they’re convinced he’s going to go to an Adidas program. I’m not locked in with those thoughts, but that noise is getting very loud. He told Jack Pilgrim he plans on staying in 2025, but we’ll see this summer.

Jasper Johnson: Calipari was just shaking his head and laughing the other day whenever they were watching Jasper go nuclear. I could see them turning the heat up very quickly. Alabama, UNC, Kentucky, and Baylor stay in constant contact. Believe he will stay in 2025 to 1) gain weight and 2) go through the All-American game stuff.

Caleb Wilson: Kentucky or UNC here if I had to choose. Kentucky’s in a good spot. Schools like Auburn and GTech can make a play.

AJ Dybantsa: “Calipari is doing a hell of a job recruiting him.” People around that one are expecting Kentucky to be in a very good spot and for Calipari to go all out and pull out all of the stops.

Reed Sheppard: I’ve talked to numerous folks on the NBA side and in-state sources and believe that there’s a good chance he comes back. If he has a lottery grade, I’d expect him to leave, but hardly anyone I’ve talked to expects him to be that high when it’s all set and done. I’d lean 60/40 return at this point due to NIL he could make next year being monstrous and NBA teams having questions about his on-ball defense that he’d need to work on. I’d expect him to go through the process. 60/40, but it could flip the other direction if he doesn’t slow down at all in SEC play.

Karter Knox: It’s been quiet, but if Kentucky has the pieces leave that they expect to, I think there’s a good chance he winds up in Lexington.

Other options for 2024: I’d expect Kentucky to hit the portal or out of the box angles to add talent to the 2024 roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News