Some media Final Four picks

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Image-3-20-24-at-9-43-AM.jpg
Image-3-20-24-at-9-44-AM.jpg

Reactions: BigTyrone
I was hoping nobody picked UK to be in the final four. We have had teams that would thrive on being picked. This team doesn’t seem too. They play their best basketball with their back against the wall with nobody thinking they can win.

UConn doesn’t make the Final Four. They’ve played in a very mediocre league all year and until last season, Dan Hurley had never made it past the round of 32.
I expect an early exit for Connecticut

UConn doesn’t make the Final Four. They’ve played in a very mediocre league all year and until last season, Dan Hurley had never made it past the round of 32.
I expect an early exit for Connecticut
They're humming. No reason to think they cannot get back there. They have a proven resume. Auburn will be a tough SS match-up, but they have the pieces and statistics to get back to the FF.

Reactions: KTBFFH92
Isn't it interesting that people associated with a Kentucky fan sight and the UK newspaper all pick against us making it? Shows what the people who have watched the team all year think about their chances. Unless they are trying to look unbiased.

We should be in the high ceiling low floor section.

Reactions: KTBFFH92
Dan Hurley had never made it past the round of 32.
I have Auburn upsetting them in my bracket, but this is a weird argument. When he took over UConn they were in the dumpster, and the first year he has a legit team he wins it all convincingly. Before that he was at Rhode Island, not exactly a basketball powerhouse. At RI he lost to a 2 seed Duke and almost beat a 3 seed Oregon that went on to a Final Four. It's not like he has some long history of flaming out early like Rick Barnes does.

I'll never understand why some metrics have Duke so high. They are literally a title contender?

Looks like the Cool Zone is an area that the "contenders" need to be worried, but not about Kansas, Gonzaga or Michigan State. Most of us agree that Illinois, Kentucky and Creighton fit right in there, but no idea what's propping up Gonzaga except their win over us, and absolutely zero clue how statistics props up Michigan State when the only reason they're even in the field is because of Izzo name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT