ADVERTISEMENT

Some insane stats through five games

University-6

Sophomore
Sep 28, 2017
  • Six players averaging double figures
  • Four players averaging 3 or more assists(Lead by DIlly at 4.6)
  • Averaging more steals than turnovers (10 to 8)
  • Four players shooting 40% or better from three
  • Reeves missed 13 threes in a game and is still shooting 40% from three
  • Reed (blessed be his holy name) is averaging 3.4 steals (as was foretold by the prophet Rupptus Rafterus)

• giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Averaging more steels than turnovers (10 to 8)
  • Reed (blessed be his holy name) is averaging 3.4 steals (as was foretold by the prophet Rupptus Rafterus)

• giphy.gif
Love how many steals we get, how few of turnovers and the balanced scoring. Three excellent signs for a deep tournament run. Need rim protection and to vastly improve from FT line.

Love how many steals we get, how few of turnovers and the balanced scoring. Three excellent signs of a deep tournament run. Need rim protection and to vastly improve from FT line.

And 4 guards that you can trust. All can handle, shoot, drive and defend. If they every get a healthy big that can rim protect and rebound, watch out!

• Averaging more steals than turnovers (10 to 8)

• giphy.gif
Not sure if the stats would back it up but it seems almost every quality opponent we play Reeves does not shoot the ball well

Not sure if the stats would back it up but it seems almost every quality opponent we play Reeves does not shoot the ball well
He is a very streaky player, the TN game at Rupp and obviously the KState game he seemed to be terrified, it is really strange. Luckily there are lots of options this year.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I would think they would. Seems like Arkansas last year was the only quality opponent I recall him having a great shooting game. I’m sure there was a few more but that’s the obvious one. This year of course only true quality opponent was Kansas and 3-17 and 13-23 in the other 4. St Joe was a good team just not the quality we are talking about. Hopefully that trend will not continue. I don’t think it has anything to do with nerves or fear, just bizzare how his shot won’t fall when the lights shine bright.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Coach Cal may have finally said to Reeves. " Make two in a row and you can shoot 10. Other than that you shoot 3 to 5. No more.
I notice Reeves didnt shoot alot in the overtime game. 2nd half and OT. Not his M. o. Usually. He has that green is go

Coach Cal may have finally said to Reeves. " Make two in a row and you can shoot 10. Other than that you shoot 3 to 5. No more.
I notice Reeves didnt shoot alot in the overtime game. 2nd half and OT. Not his M. o. Usually. He has that green is go

And he was 7 for 9 in the st joes game and 3 for 3 from three.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT