ADVERTISEMENT

Some good news

Mar 6, 2024
Cals taking all his assistants down to Fayetteville. Shows learned absolutely nothing here and is going to be the same old guy. While rejuvenated and looking more chipper you just know its going to be roll the ball out and hope for the best. Maybe even start 2 bigs! Ill never have to hear him lie through his teeth again. I said anyone but cow and ill stand by it.

I will say after watching tape on pope the guy can coach and offense looks like a breathe of fresh air. Loving all the zoom and pin down screens 5 out all shooter style.. gotta coach defense up, ask pitino for some mentorship in that arena would be smart. Top priority is coaching staff hit some HRs and it could be a great rebuild for UK. Im on the pope train and yes im selling myself on it

Last edited:
Cals taking all his assistants down to Fayetteville. Shows learned absolutely nothing here and is going to be the same old guy. While rejuvenated and looking more chipper you just know its going to be roll the ball out and hope for the best. Maybe even start 2 bigs! Ill never have to hear him lie through his teeth again. I said anyone but cow and ill stand by it.

I will say after watching tape on pope the guy can coach and offense looks like a breathe of fresh air. Loving all the zoom and pin down screens 5 out all shooter style.. gotta coach defense up, ask pitino for some mentorship in that arena would be smart. Top priority is coaching staff hit some HRs and it could be a great rebuild for UK. Im on the pope train and yes im selling myself on it
Yes I’m all for a change. I think everyone ready to jump off a bridge will be surprised

Great another fan living in fantasy land.
1.jpg

I hope getting Pope on the cheap, will allow us to allocate some good dollars for some top level assistants and most importantly recruiters.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
So tell us uk's record next season.someone said 30 wins.
Can we give him some time to put a roster together first or do we just have to throw a number out on the fly. You were perfectly fine going to the NIT next season with Donovan and then hoping he somehow regained the desire to recruit again after 10 years.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Can we give him some time to put a roster together first or do we just have to throw a number out on the fly. You were perfectly fine going to the NIT next season with Donovan and then hoping he somehow regained the desire to recruit again after 10 years.
A guy who never won a better game is for sure a better option.

A guy who never won a better game is for sure a better option.
Never said Donovan would not have been a better option but it’s not like he doesn’t come with some level of risk either. Not coached in college in 10 years (didn’t like recruiting to begin with which has only gotten worse), already rejected us twice, have to wait at least a week to see if he even wants to entertain the job, etc. Donovan is/was far from a can’t miss coaching prospect.

Never said Donovan would not have been a better option but it’s not like he doesn’t come with some level of risk either. Not coached in college in 10 years (didn’t like recruiting to begin with which has only gotten worse), already rejected us twice, have to wait at least a week to see if he even wants to entertain the job, etc. Donovan is/was far from a can’t miss coaching prospect.
Agree but still better options than Pope.

On top of that the guy who headed the offense last year is gone and Cal is replacing him with Brad.

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

Only thing I noticed in that Cal Arkansas intro thing the other day was that he appeared to be excited that he could say the same ridiculous players first sh*t and the people would eat it up. He knew we tired of his crap, so going somewhere else was just a way to get his ass kissed all over again with a new, gullible fanbase.

Hell, all their fans had to do was hang out here for a while over the last 3-4 years and then listen to him speak at their place. It's the exact same garbage, just a new slate of ignorant fans that will fawn over his every word, of course until they go nowhere in March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT