ADVERTISEMENT

So what time does Mr. Hurt announce tomorrow?

Don’t know, that shipped has sailed but it isn’t a big loss due to Cal getting the grad transfer. Only a issue if the the impact is Zion v Travis but that’s next to impossible

I have seen him a few times this year and I really don't see what everyone sees in Hurt. He does have a decent shot but that is about it. I have been more impressed with Stewart over Hurt, Carey, and Wiseman this year. I also prefer Nate Sestina that has 3 years experience, shoots 40% from 3, can play inside and outside, rebounds & defense, average 15 & 8. I prefer Nate Sestina over Hurt.

Duke is about to get 3 recruits between tomorrow and Monday. Likely anyway
Stanley
Watford
Hurt

Matthew Hurt told a source this week that he'd like to be one of K's pallbearers in a year when the old man finally croaks.

tenor.gif

Didn’t he score 60 in front of Cal in a game late in the season. It’s funny how now nobody wants this guy even though Cal seems to want him very badly. Cal usually doesn’t miss talent wise on a guy he has gone all in on.

Even Wiltjer ended up being an All American.

Didn’t he score 60 in front of Cal in a game late in the season. It’s funny how now nobody wants this guy even though Cal seems to want him very badly. Cal usually doesn’t miss talent wise on a guy he has gone all in on.

I just don't understand the infatuation over Matthew Hurt on this board. He's a decent shooter, with slow feet and is very awkward. He's a lesser version of Kyle Wiltjer.

He's definitely better than Wiltjer. But I'm not sure what he can give a team in just one freshman year, with already brand new freshman around him.

Duke will be poor defensively all season, out early in the tournament. And then he'll be gone.

Reactions: jrpross and kl40504
Duke is about to get 3 recruits between tomorrow and Monday. Likely anyway
Stanley
Watford
Hurt

Almost for certain Stanley and Hurt.. But those were scramble picks, just like Moore and Boogie were. K is continuing on the recruiting trail, where it seems like Cal has had enough, and looked for the grad transfers.

Which is odd to me, You'd think a grad transfer would LOVE to go to Duke for one year.. Always easier to transfer into a school like Duke, instead of go there from the start.

Then again, maybe playing college basketball for 3-4 years, watching how they treat Duke, makes you hate them like the rest of the nation.

Reactions: kl40504

He looks to be quicker than Wiltjer to me. Wish we could have got him! I will always take a six foot nine or bigger player who can shoot and pass. I also think that Wiseman was perfect for what Cal wants in a big man. Evidently both ships have sailed or sunk. We will still have a chance to win it all! Go Cats!

Reactions: kl40504
Ah yes

The routine "Kid is about to commit to Duke, so let's all talk about how he's overrated" thread.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Almost for certain Stanley and Hurt.. But those were scramble picks, just like Moore and Boogie were. K is continuing on the recruiting trail, where it seems like Cal has had enough, and looked for the grad transfers.

Which is odd to me, You'd think a grad transfer would LOVE to go to Duke for one year.. Always easier to transfer into a school like Duke, instead of go there from the start.

Then again, maybe playing college basketball for 3-4 years, watching how they treat Duke, makes you hate them like the rest of the nation.
I think it’s been VERY obvious the last two seasons that K let’s his best 1-2 players run the whole team and are his central focus. He seemingly doesn’t give a crap about developing the bench guys and so from an outside perspective why would you want to go play on a team where the 5* freshmen is vastly more important then you?? The last Luke Kennard team REALLY didn’t get along and last year K empowered Barrett into a season ending loss because he wouldn’t defer to the better player and kept chucking.

Hurt is not overrated. He is very skilled and will eventually be a good NBA player when he fills out and gains strength. I do think he is a little thin and will struggle with some of the strength and size he will face next year.

Reactions: jrpross and kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT