ADVERTISEMENT

So the Bengals want fewer NFL free agents and more turnover?

im just looking at the consistency factor.
I wish they could have kept Uzomah. He was a big time leader. Though hurst was better. They are wanting to keep joe, Chase, and Tee which isn't gonna be cheap. They aren't paying top $ for a TE.

I wish they could have kept Uzomah. He was a big time leader. Though hurst was better. They are wanting to keep joe, Chase, and Tee which isn't gonna be cheap. They aren't paying top $ for a TE.
I agree. That's kinda why I'm thinking just draft one and pay rookie scale.

The Bengals play 3 WR sets more than anyone in the league. 88% of the time. The tight end just simply isn't a big factor in their offense.
They will play 12 personnel and run or pass out of that formation but it won't always be to one of the TE's. Depends on the defense and Joe's progressions. He'll occasionally QB draw as well.

Burrow talking preparation and like he will take less to sign Higgins who is also participating in offseason training.

Yeah it’s been pretty tight lipped but these comments and some others I’ve read sound like he’s going to make sure that the long term is structured so he can have some weapons around him at all times. He’ll be hundred millionaire multiple times over regardless.

If you’re making close to half a billion dollars, why not “sacrifice” a little in the short term to make sure to keep your guys together and compete for Super Bowls? Smart move on his part. I think Mahomes’ deal is structured similarly but not sure.

I love to hear an Athlete that wants to make sure the other top players around him are going to get paid so that he will have these Top Receivers and Players around him to win in the future. These days there is one thing for sure and that is you don't hear Top Athletes like QB Joe Burrow discuss about worrying about the other Star players getting paid. He knows if he signs, and Higgins gets his extension and Chase next year along with a couple of the defensive players that this Bengals team will for sure will be heading for the Super Bowl and winning in the future with this team they are building!

Yes indeed. Pretty pleased overall with the offseason so far, all things considered. It's nice to see us have a front office that actually seems to have a legitimate plan of action.

Everything about the recent free agency signings, the drafts and game results have this town sky high about this football team. When I saw the draft choices had all signed, it just shows how far they've come in a short time. The 90's seem like a distant memory.

I'm interested to see who replaces Perine...will it be Trayveon or the new guy
And I’m still not sure they don’t cut Mixon after June 1st. Even with dead money I think they will save about $10million after June 1st. Of course they would’ve had to have been having discussions with another RB1 candidate to make that move.

And I’m still not sure they don’t cut Mixon after June 1st. Even with dead money I think they will save about $10million after June 1st. Of course they would’ve had to have been having discussions with another RB1 candidate to make that move.
Mike Brown is the king of second chances in the NFL. Either everyone interviewed in the organization has the best poker face or they plan to keep him at least one more year.

Reactions: travisbickle
Mike Brown is the king of second chances in the NFL. Either everyone interviewed in the organization has the best poker face or they plan to keep him at least one more year.
That’s actually why I still think it’s a possibility based on their interview answers. Seemed a little too pat to me but maybe they’re keeping him and I’m just reading too much into it.

I just think three huge offensive contracts looming in the next two years that they can find value at RB. I was shocked when I heard the stat that the last 10 or so starting RBs on Super Bowl teams all made around $ 1million per year. I’m probably butchering that stat but it was pretty shocking.

On a slightly OT note I read an article that suggested Burrow might be getting a deal tied to % of cap instead of guaranteed or set contract amounts. Similar to NBA max deals. I’ll try to find the article but it made a lot of sense since the QB market keeps getting reset so frequently, and the Bengals’ revenue will be climbing during his career.

Edit: here’s the article from Bleacher Report via PFT.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....get-contract-protection-based-on-cap.amp.html

That’s actually why I still think it’s a possibility based on their interview answers. Seemed a little too pat to me but maybe they’re keeping him and I’m just reading too much into it.

I just think three huge offensive contracts looming in the next two years that they can find value at RB. I was shocked when I heard the stat that the last 10 or so starting RBs on Super Bowl teams all made around $ 1million per year. I’m probably butchering that stat but it was pretty shocking.

On a slightly OT note I read an article that suggested Burrow might be getting a deal tied to % of cap instead of guaranteed or set contract amounts. Similar to NBA max deals. I’ll try to find the article but it made a lot of sense since the QB market keeps getting reset so frequently, and the Bengals’ revenue will be climbing during his career.

Edit: here’s the article from Bleacher Report via PFT.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....get-contract-protection-based-on-cap.amp.html
Yeah, Mixon could be a year by year decision.

As far as the article, I wouldn't buy into anything Florio says given he was the guy who said Burrow hated Cincinnati and would hold out his rookie year. Turns out his girlfriend is from here and he's only said positive things about the organization ever since.

Yeah, Mixon could be a year by year decision.

As far as the article, I wouldn't buy into anything Florio says given he was the guy who said Burrow hated Cincinnati and would hold out his rookie year. Turns out his girlfriend is from here and he's only said positive things about the organization ever since.
Interesting, didn’t realize that was the same guy.

Whatever happens it’s kind of hard to wrap my brain around seeing the Bengals and UK football having success at the same time lol.

Reactions: jameslee32
Glad we were able to reach terms with Joe and keep him in the fold. I might be more excited for Bengals football than UK football this year....that'd be a first ever!

Reactions: jameslee32
Its a bit off topic but I'll be happy to see Trent Taylor back as a return guy. I went to high school with his dad Greg, a superstar in high school football. If he makes the team that'll be 6 seasons, not counting the one he was injured the entire season. For a 5'8" guy, that's amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT