ADVERTISEMENT

So after this announcement

Feb 4, 2009
Lexington
After the shock wore off, after the anger subsided (myself included) and a little research was done, I believe most are starting to get excited. I believe coach Pope has a high ceiling and the enthusiasm to achieve what we all wanted. The more I learn and here I have little doubt we're back.

I want Nike to release a retro Mark Pope jersey. I’d take two for me and my son. I think BBN could make it the hottest selling jersey for Nike to show we all support Mark. I 💯am behind him. Still mad at Mitch but I’m all in with Mark.

After the shock wore off, after the anger subsided (myself included) and a little research was done, I believe most are starting to get excited. I believe coach Pope has a high ceiling and the enthusiasm to achieve what we all wanted. The more I learn and here I have little doubt we're back.
What exactly are you referring to? What is it that has suddenly made you think this is good? That he loves Kentucky?

^^^ i'm on board all the way!

Reactions: ukwazoo and 59coop
What exactly are you referring to? What is it that has suddenly made you think this is good? That he loves Kentucky?
That's one factor. The offense he plays is another, he passionately wants to be here and is a solid X's and O's coach. If you want to just look at his record look at Hurleys before he went to UConn. Look at the restrictions placed on his recuits, it's a wonder he could get anyone. He's not going to make this job about him but about the university. I'm by no means saying he will be another Hurley but every coach starts somewhere.

I can relate to this feeling. We were swinging for the fences and Mitch didn’t really do his due diligence in the hire but at least we won’t have Cal on the sidelines screaming “GO” to a bunch of underperforming five star “starters”.

Pope has a lot of work ahead of him but I think he’s up for the challenge. And with the boosters supporting him financially it could just work. Only time will tell.

Reactions: 59coop
As I said even when all in shock, "Time will tell." Of course we all have to be on board it's done. Hope for the best.

I also like what I read about Cal retaining all the same staff here now at Arkansas. Great, a real talented group of submissive coaches to King Cal. It does not sound like any change other than what team they will be coaching. So, probably will have everyone worried with the recruits they get but for the same limitations that Cal was stubborn and would not make changes it will prove similar results.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
As I said even when all in shock, "Time will tell." Of course we all have to be on board it's done. Hope for the best.

I also like what I read about Cal retaining all the same staff here now at Arkansas. Great, a real talented group of submissive coaches to King Cal. It does not sound like any change other than what team they will be coaching. So, probably will have everyone worried with the recruits they get but for the same limitations that Cal was stubborn and would not make changes it will prove similar results.
Yep cal will field much the same team next year at Arkansas that he would have here especially if all recruits follow him there. I hope they do actually and I hope we wipe the floor with their asses next year. Will be the hottest Rupp ticket in quite sometime!!!!!

Going to be a couple exciting weeks coming up.
Assistants
Recruiting
Media interviews
Big Blue Madness

To be honest I’m pretty pumped for the girls team also.
I think we landed an outstanding coach there.

I can relate to this feeling. We were swinging for the fences and Mitch didn’t really do his due diligence in the hire but at least we won’t have Cal on the sidelines screaming “GO” to a bunch of underperforming five star “starters”.

Pope has a lot of work ahead of him but I think he’s up for the challenge. And with the boosters supporting him financially it could just work. Only time will tell.
He did his due diligence. If he'd waited for Mr String You Along, the portal would be empty, and then you'd be crying about that. Plus, some of the other candidates have circumstances that prevent them from immediately responding or outright committing to UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT