ADVERTISEMENT

Smith twins just flipped to kentucky

Nice. Someone else posted his kid plays at FD. So as a parent, I’m glad he got to see his kid play.
As a UK fan, I hope he witnessed the flip and however unlikely, it was a surprise to him.
They have a 24 Douglass db committed too.

Marrow and Stoops are damn good at this side of the ball recruiting and then the system is so solid and coaches we’ll …with NFL guys to prove it’s not a waste of time to go to UK

Look at the potential future depth chart that will be next group after the currently top 20...maybe top 10 defense graduates.

DE - Jerod Smith, Brian Robinson...maybe
NG- Silver
DT - Kendrick GIlbert

Jack - Keaton Wade/Jacob Smith, Noah Matthews, Tyrese Fearby
Sam/Will/Mike....these guys will sort out the spots = Eijah Groves, Grant Godfrey, Alex Afari, Devin Smith...maybe, Jayvont Brown

CB - Dre Phillips, Maxwell Hairston, Nichols, Jeremiah Anglin
S - Ty Brant, Jordan Lovett

That defensive future is just as good looking as what we presently got...which is really good. We need to get some bigs to keep it going.

mrw GIF

This is great news!

On a side note, if Harbaugh jumps back to the NFL after this year like many have speculated, I would love to have Clink back. Guy is a heckuva coach and recruiter.
Didn't Clink burn bridges and dance in the fallout after he left?

Count me in as one of the skeptics.

So glad I was wrong!!!
Welcome aboard, gentlemen.

Now help us get to the next level before I leave this world.....

Robinson would move us up to 24th in the rankings, adding Devin Smith on top of that would put us at 22. Rankings are fluid but we’ll probably end up 20-25 in the end and 8-10 in the conference, can’t ask for much more than that when you look at the schools ahead of us. If we can consistently win 8-9 games competing in the SEC with an occasional 10 and a shot at the expanded playoffs I’d be satisfied with that. The SEC is brutal, with the addition of Texas and OU we’re going to stay in the middle of the pack and that’s when coaching comes into play. My biggest concern is getting back to the point where we’re physical and dominant up front, that’s always been and will be the difference in wins and losses.
Are you taking into account that adding BRob & Devin Smith would knock the kicker, Kauwe (5.4, 2*), out of the equation for our potential class ranking? Since only the top 20 recruits are counted toward class rankings, BRob & Devin Smith would put us at 21 total recruits & would remove our lowest rated recruit from consideration. Just curious if you factored that in, or not, when you did the math. If not, then we may be even higher than 22 if we do in fact land both guys.

Id imagine with two top 300 players on the D line that many teams on corbins schedule do not have a shot. A state title was basically gifted to Corbin this year probably because of the transfer.
Where does your top 300 mention come from? Thanks.

Are you taking into account that adding BRob & Devin Smith would knock the kicker, Kauwe (5.4, 2*), out of the equation for our potential class ranking? Since only the top 20 recruits are counted toward class rankings, BRob & Devin Smith would put us at 21 total recruits & would remove our lowest rated recruit from consideration. Just curious if you factored that in, or not, when you did the math. If not, then we may be even higher than 22 if we do in fact land both guys.
Good point, didn’t think about that.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
They openly recruit central Kentucky.
This day and age I’m not sure how much anybody has to recruit….kids just go where talent is aggregated everywhere now. Always been that way a little but kids will go further now. They do get a lot of kids from Danville now because of how poor that school and program has been run for several years. But 30 years ago the Boyle kids transferred to Danville to play before Smith came in.

Do you say this simply because of your irrational hatred of our staff or what? I see no other logic for this kind of negativity.
First of all, I love CMS and this staff.

I say this because historically, as soon as top recruits choose UK over any other top program, they typically fall in the rankings by Rivals, ESPN, and other recruiting services.

You will have to ask them why they do that. I can only speculate.

Reactions: grevey35
Didn't Clink burn bridges and dance in the fallout after he left?

None that was ever reported but.... you could clearly tell by coaches reactions they weren't happy. No congratulations on the move. Nothing at all even recognizing he left.

Iirc a bit later big dawg tweeted something that was definitely about him,

Reactions: JPFisher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT