ADVERTISEMENT

Slow Day Convo; Cam Newton Says Curry Not Best NBA Player

"Lebron is." Not exactly riveting, but it's something to discuss. Do you agree?

Link

7ca0qw.jpg

Scam Newton talking.....

Ears closing.

Don't even know what the opinion was.

Cam Newton isn't where he is because of his keen intellect. It's because he's a physical freak. Why would I ever listen to anything he says?

Curry has the better team for sure. I will say this though. It seems no matter who Lebron teams up with they seem to take a step back in their abilities and the team is not as good as projected often. same thing applies to his time in Miami. I do think Lebron is the best player on the planet but it seems his teams just aren't cohesive like the Warriors. Also. THIS season Steph has been the absolute best player in the NBA.

What's there to disagree with? Curry is playing with not one but TWO top15 players on the year.

Cavs lose, what? 3-5 games max with Klay/Green/Lebron and a bunch of undervalue players that make the team's actual worth double many other teams?

How is this still an argument? The discussion isn't whether Curry is #1, it's whether he's #2 or not...

1)LeBron is the most talented basketball player alive
2)the NBA is a terrible product.

I try to watch at least some of the Finals, but it's just a terrible product. The average margin of victory for these playoffs is now higher than the average margin of victory I 1/16 tourney games.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
I think it's an open discussion.

Jordan went through roughly a decade stretch where he was the undisputed top player in the game.

Lebron has had a few years like that.

Today, it's more fluid. You could make a case for Lebron, Steph, probably Westbrook, and maybe Durant.

Sort of like when you could battle between Shaq, Kobe, or Duncan while making a case for T-Mac.

Or when Kobe was losing half a step but still winning titles, while Lebron was emerging.

In my 35 years of following the game closely, Jordan and Lebron have been the only two undisputed best players at any given time.

First it was the Magic/Bird debate, then those others I mentioned. Next closest might be Hakeem during 94-95, but some would have argued David Robinson or Shaq then.

1)LeBron is the most talented basketball player alive
2)the NBA is a terrible product.

I try to watch at least some of the Finals, but it's just a terrible product. The average margin of victory for these playoffs is now higher than the average margin of victory I 1/16 tourney games.

I think Lebron is the most physically gifted player in history, but I also think he is slipping a notch.

Jordan's Bulls still went to the playoffs after he left. LeBrons Cavs went from the Finals to the worst team in the league after he left.

Reactions: Jkwo
I agree with that. The debate about LeBron vs Jordan is bit nearly accurate as the debate about LeBron vs Magic. LeBron is not the type of player Jordan was.

I think it's an open discussion.

Jordan went through roughly a decade stretch where he was the undisputed top player in the game.

I think Lebron is the most physically gifted player in history, but I also think he is slipping a notch.

Congratulations on 10,000 posts . . . twice! Both of the above quotes show they were # 10,000. I double checked.

Reactions: Aike
Curry is the flashiest player in the NBA, not the best. His long distance threes are a thing of beauty and the game has never seen shooting like that, so it has fans in awe. LeBron has been around for awhile and people have kinda grown tired, so the popularity contest is trending towards Curry.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Lebronze > stephanie

sad state of affairs in the nba when these two are vying for best player though

with over 400 3's in a season........Curry is the best player this year.....But Le Bron is the King and if I had to build a team I'd take James.

I respect Curry and his game more than any other in the entire league, but if i had a choice of every player in the Nba to start my franchise with and they all started out at the same age, i would be lying if i said i would take Curry over LeBron. Curry is one of the best in the game and can score the ball so easily on the court. I never like to argue against a talent like Curry and the fact that he can torch some of the most gifted athletes in the game while not having the best vertical. He does it by being the better basketball player. Like i said though, with LeBron, we're talking a even bigger freak of nature on the basketball court. I really do believe you could take LeBron and put him on any team in the Nba and it wouldn't matter how much talent they had or how far they got the year before, you put LeBron on their roster and that team has a chance to not only make the playoffs, but go far once the playoffs starts. He's that good. Not many players i feel have had that kind of overall talent in the entire history of the league. We are probably talking about 5 or 6 guys on this list. Guys like Shaq, Jordon, Bird and Magic. Let's just say that if you have LeBron on your roster, it doesn't matter what you have around him. He will take those guys and make a deep playoff run. I'm not so sure we can say the same about Curry. While Curry is one of the best in the game today, his talent doesn't command the type of respect a guy like LeBron can and if a guy like Curry isn't scoring the ball, he won't do much else on the basketball court to help his team win. If LeBron isn't scoring, he is able to do so many more other things to make others better on the court.

Sooner or later people are going to have to start considering that as good as LeBron is, maybe he isn't GOAT-level good. 2-5 in titles series makes it hard to make a case for him. (assuming GS closes it out of course).

Sooner or later people are going to have to start considering that as good as LeBron is, maybe he isn't GOAT-level good. 2-5 in titles series makes it hard to make a case for him. (assuming GS closes it out of course).

It's still a team sport, even if it's the one team sport where 1-2 guys can change an entire franchise. An NBA GOAT should be able to take his team to deep playoff runs, but even a GOAT can't win the title on his own, year in and year out. Lebron, to me, has done everything he can to be the best player over the last decade. Bad coaches, a piss-poor franchise, a terrible injury riddle finals, and generally poor teams around him.. Personally, he could never win another title, he has shown me enough to be one of the GOATS.

The problem is that Lebron still needs shooting, the most important aspect of the game, around him. But he also wants the ball.. those two things don't go well together. Guys like Jordan and Kobe just needed gritty, mop-up, defensive type players while they go to work. I'd imagine it's harder to build a team around Lebron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT