ADVERTISEMENT

Sisk says more departures coming

We think Collins will be a pretty good player, if not unpolished. Frankly, we have no idea how good Hickman or Hopkins will be. Tshiebwe should be a nice addition. We'll see what else UK does. But grad transfers have been hit or miss. If those guys were so great, why did they need so long in college only to still be questionable pro prospects at best? I'm not sure Cal has heard the fanbase. WE'RE TIRED OF THE OAD!!!! Stop having complete roster turnover every year Cal, you're only making it more difficult on yourself!
This ^^^^. We're not just talking about wanting players who have experience, but players who have experience in Cal's system. This "fix" that he thinks he's found is just a lazy attempt to to fill a roster after a massive turnover each year since he can't get the recruits he once got. A transfer with experience works best when they can come in and be a nice role player but also have someone they can look up to to teach them the system. Bringing in a grad transfer who is learning the system themselves but is also supposed to be a mentor to freshman who are learning the system and the college game, is really not that much better than having a team of all freshman. That would be like me leaving my job, going to a another job, and being told while I'm training that because I have experience at a different place, I'm supposed to train all the new people fresh out of college.

Having transfers is nice to slide into an already established roster, not when you're trying to reload. And returning players like Askew, Toppin, Ware, etc are nice but you kinda need the players like Jones and Lamb to return to have a strong foundation. The players we have returning are Tubby level players.

The G league has most definitely hurt UK but the immediate transfer rule will help UK.

You guys have been clamoring about multi yr players for 5 yrs; well you are now getting them.

This historically bad season was a culmination of many unfortunate occurrences. I guarantee you it wont happen again and all you guys clamoring for Cal’s premature departure are going to look like imbeciles when UK goes to the FF next yr.
Multi-year sure....but that isn’t the same as a guy that has been in the system for 2-4 years. You saw how it took Mintz 2/3 of the season to really get going.

Reactions: Kyhoward
The G league has most definitely hurt UK but the immediate transfer rule will help UK.

You guys have been clamoring about multi yr players for 5 yrs; well you are now getting them.

This historically bad season was a culmination of many unfortunate occurrences. I guarantee you it wont happen again and all you guys clamoring for Cal’s premature departure are going to look like imbeciles when UK goes to the FF next yr.
A multiyear player means multiple years at UK. Not a 5th year senior from somewhere like Dayton

Welp, there you have it. Meeks43, er, I mean KWilt43atbuzz, er, I mean HerrosHeroes has guaranteed it. Why, I bet he'll even be willing to back it up with a self-imposed permaban, and this time he'll REALLY mean it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT