ADVERTISEMENT

Siena expects to lose Almonor to UK

I love our fanbase, but we certainly have some loons, with all due respect.

This guy is coming in to be our backup at the 4 spot, behind Carr.

He averaged 16 and 5, is a 2X All Conference Player and lead his league in 3PT FG made. Good passer. Decent handles. 89th percentile on spot up 3's. Dropped 20 at Illinois last season.

This is as good of a BACKUP Pope 4 as you could hope to get. In fact, I'd wager that not many teams have a dude this good coming off the bench at the 4.

He averaged 16 and 5, is a 2X All Conference Player and lead his league in 3PT FG made. Good passer. Decent handles. 89th percentile on spot up 3's. Dropped 20 at Illinois last season.

This is as good of a BACKUP Pope 4 as you could hope to get. In fact, I'd wager that not many teams have a dude this good coming off the bench at the 4.
Perfect backup.

I have a feeling Pope is bringing controlled chaos to Rupp. I think UK plays deep into its bench. Maybe not platoon, but easily 10.
I think he will do just like he did last year and will play 11 guys. He is building the roster that way. He even admitted he might (might) use the 13th roster spot for a project guy / young guy type of player. That means 1-12 will be able to play ball and probably will play ball. I would say the 11th and 12th men get 7 or less minutes a game and only play larger roll if we have foul trouble. I think Pope has a metric guy on the bench and tells him when to pull a guy (meaning tracking that player x, plays 90+ % or for 7 minutes at a stretch and then goes down to 75% effort) so in game he has a guy or sheet that has when to pull player x and put in player y and player y can do the same for 5 minutes stretch. Something like that. Otherwise it is 100% coach feel and now you are back to a coach possibly getting wrapped up in a game and player y is left off the court. I think by what i have seen Pope gets guys minutes each and every game.

1,000%.

This guy is perfect for us to come in and backup Carr. You couldn't ask for a better, more accomplished and well-rounded backup.

This is the kind of guy that UCONN brings off the bench and crushes you with three 3s and a couple of hustle plays.

Would love to have him.

Our 12 and 13 guy on the bench can smoke joints idgaf just be ready if called upon Lol
Went over your head.
Perhaps because of your age. IDK.
Anyhow ,the cigar thing was something that started when a win was obvious and time for the bench player to light up and celebrate.

Look at it like this. FDU is a college team. This kid balled out for a team in college. FDU would kill an elite high school team. Follow me here, A kid could put the numbers up that this kid did for FDU at an elite high school program, and everyone would clamor for him. Only difference is, he did it against better than high school competition and is a hell of a lot more mature than a 18 year old kid still trying to find his way.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
1,000%.

This guy is perfect for us to come in and backup Carr. You couldn't ask for a better, more accomplished and well-rounded backup.

This is the kind of guy that UCONN brings off the bench and crushes you with three 3s and a couple of hustle plays.

Would love to have him.
Speaking of UConn saw a projected starting lineup that has McNeeley at the three and Mahaney at the two.

Stretch 4 isn’t what we need. We need a defender/rebounder. We have shooters all over the place
Whatever we have, you say we need something different. lol.......

Goal Post Moving GIF - Goal Post Moving GIFs

Based off production and playing time, if we think Almonor is the 11th guy, he is filling the following guys roles from years past:
Burks - 7 min, 1.9 pts
Collins - 8 min, 1.9 pts
Ware - 6 min, 1.6 pts
Fletcher - 6.5 min, 1.7 pts
Jordan - 3 min in only 3 games played

I’m sure going back more than 5 years isn’t going to change these numbers much. If you think he is terrible and will be the 11th guy, he will have a very limited role and just wont make much of an impact. I think he’s better than that.
I'd say 9th guy. I think he covers the 4 sometimes and very rarely the 3. I don't think we play mutch more than 9 guys normally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT