ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Reed’s mustache

Anyone have a photo? My wife kept commenting on it but I was always looking away at the moment.

Look like he drew it on with a grease pencil
A grease pencil would've been darker...this was more like a crayon. However, this is from a 60 yr old who's never been able to grow a decent beard or mustache (I skip a day of shaving and the only tell is a shadow of a (billy)goatee), so reed should probably take my criticism w/ a grain of salt

shave it off and Nair that shit. never have it again! LOL . put a spell on the upper lip area beneath the nose and scold it from ever growing hair.

Let's give it awhile. That mightve been 1 day growth for all we know. This is the age to see what you can grow.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Look like he drew it on with a grease pencil
It's still at the Hint o'Hair stage. Like Cloris Leachman's moustache in High Anxiety.

MV5BZmVkZWQ5YjgtZmY1My00Njk3LWExMDgtNWI2OTcwZDI5NzA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg

When I first retired, I tried for one. Not having to go to the office. Afrer 2 weeks I still hadn't gotten beyond Hint o'Hair so I resumed shaving. My father could have given Richard Nixon a run for his money in terms of Instant Fur, but neither my brother nor I could muster more than a shadow.

I noticed it, if he is happy with it so be it. I'm 78 and still can't grow a good looking beard or mustache. I got some indian blood in me from my Mom's side of the family. Maybe he is trying to impress a girl.

Reactions: ORCAT
If you think Reed is popular now, wait till he runs out next weekend with a full-grown stache and puts 30 on North Carolina while looking like Richie Farmer.

• Haha
Reactions: susan2361
When I was a young 2/LT in the 7th Inf Division in Korea in 1965/66 our company first sgt's views on mustaches accurately described much of 60's America's position on facial hair. During a formation one morning he told the troops "you bunch of primer G D donners I ought to send you all to Ft By ___ Leavensworth for cultivating under your nose what grows wild on your ass. " The old first sgt was a WWII and Korean war vet who didn't have a high school diploma but had a Phd in soldering and staying alive on the battlefield.
This comment doesn't have much to do with basketball but as an old retired soldier I couldn't resist the temptation to share a war story that has some relevance to this thread.

When I was a young 2/LT in the 7th Inf Division in Korea in 1965/66 our company first sgt's views on mustaches accurately described much of 60's America's position on facial hair. During a formation one morning he told the troops "you bunch of primer G D donners I ought to send you all to Ft By ___ Leavensworth for cultivating under your nose what grows wild on your ass. " The old first sgt was a WWII and Korean war vet who didn't have a high school diploma but had a Phd in soldering and staying alive on the battlefield.
This comment doesn't have much to do with basketball but as an old retired soldier I couldn't resist the temptation to share a war story that has some relevance to this thread.
Military attitudes toward facial hair can be a bit schizoid. I believe the 19th century British military practically mandated a moustache. (1860-1916)

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT