ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Lil Brother gets stomped by mighty Syracuse

Satterfield should be well acquainted with taking it Greek style by now.
A man of culture I see. Well played.

On a more drop us note, how the hell do you lose to traditional basketball school who’s tradition there died roughly years ago.

About the only thing Syracuse has going for it is a solid meteorology program.

They literally lost to the fighting weathermen.

A man of culture I see. Well played.

On a more drop us note, how the hell do you lose to traditional basketball school who’s tradition there died roughly years ago.

About the only thing Syracuse has going for it is a solid meteorology program.

They literally lost to the fighting weathermen.
Syracuse has a legendary communications program. A huge chunk of ESPNs broadcasters attended there.

My uncle and I watched the 4th quarter.... We laughed our ass off for a good 45 minutes. Both offense and defense got pummeled. It was hilarious. Malik got destroyed on a safety blitz, fumbled the ball and everything I think the last play the offense would play for the game. I think it was the player he was talking smack to all week. Hung up a motivational picture in his locker of the dude. Totally got owned. Sent home like get the hell outta here B!#@$....Go Orange

I think everyone is over-reacting to the loss.

Syracuse played a perfect game, as clean as my grandmother’s chitlins. . . committing only 18 penalties before scraping by the feisty Cards by 24.

Louisville was clearly “in the game” for at least the first half of the first quarter.

Yes, I’m sure the Cards are disappointed, but everyone improves more between the first and the second game than at any point during the season. Hence, beginning in 2023, Louisville will begin its season with the second game.

Malik led the Cards to 7 points in 4 quarters, giving the Card nation reasonable hope of scoring as many as 84 points in 12 games (I do not count playoff games before they happen!}.

Yes, there is some cause for concern: Louisville’s schedule immediately toughens as it must face at least one FCS school and one G5 program, each of which will likely exceed the talent of the average ACC team,

I predict they will “run the table,” although that might apply to a food fight at the University lunchroom, and not the gridiron.

But I must join my fellow Cat fans in expressing my joy that several U of L posters have reappeared on our forum the last three months, buoyed by their stunning success in recruiting as yet unsigned players I have no doubt those youngsters from Texas and California have been impressed by the first two minutes and 30 seconds of the Cards new season, further encouraging them to cross more than half a continent to be a part of this football story.

The clear majority now calling for Satterfield’s head need to calm themselves and remember that Rome was not built in a day. Satt’s 15 year plan has only just begun, and I hope and expect they ride him like a broke Ferris Wheel at a County Fair, by holding on for dear life, and suppressing the urge to puke!

Last edited:
7 to THIRTY ONE

When Coach Satterfield was asked what happens he said “Hell if I know. It was all Greek to me”.

Seriously though, how far has little brother fallen. Wow.
I thought they bought all kind of NIL players and were supposed to be like a 7-8 win team this year? That’s all I’ve heard on ESPN radio around here. They still haven’t come around to the fact that Satterfield sucks and isn’t that dude to take them anywhere. They are terrible.

Syracuse played a perfect game, as clean as my grandmother’s chitlins. . . committing only 16 penalties before scrapping by the feisty Cards by 24.

Louisville was clearly “in the game” for at least the first half of the first quarter.

Yes, I’m sure the Cards are disappointed, but everyone improves more between the first and the second game than at any point during the season. Hence, beginning in 2023, Louisville will begin its season with the second game.

Malik led the Cards to 7 points in 4 quarters, giving the Card nation reasonable hope of scoring as many as 84 points in 12 games (I do not count playoff games before they happen!}.

Yes, there is some cause for concern: Louisville’s schedule immediately toughens as it must face at least one FCS school and one G5 program, each of which will likely exceed the talent of the average ACC team,

I predict they will “run the table,” although that might apply to a food fight at the University lunchroom, and not the gridiron.

But I must join my fellow Cat fans in expressing my joy that several U of L posters have reappeared on our forum the last three months, buoyed by their stunning success in recruiting as yet unsigned players I have no doubt those youngsters from Texas and California have been impressed by the first two minutes and 30 seconds of the Cards new season, further encouraging them to cross more than half a continent to be a part of this football story.

The clear majority now calling for Satterfield’s head need to calm themselves and remember that Rome was not built in a day. Satt’s 15 year plan has only just begun, and I hope and expect they ride him like a broke Ferris Wheel at a County Fair, by holding on for dear life, and suppressing the urge to puke!
That is a great post! Congratulations you win the internet!

Luckett said preseason they had 1 of the oldest teams in CFB. this result was the most shocking for me of opening weekend. Thought a Cuse win was possible. But gutting lil brother so completely? Yikes.

Reminds me how thoroughly unprepared ul looked against Ole Miss in game 1 last yr. And almost losing to WKU in the covid yr. Sat just doesn't get them ready to go week 1.

With their recruiting class he won't be fired even at 4-8.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Malick has been and continues to be overrated. Throw in both lines that are consistently overmatched and you've got a recipe for a pretty poor team. No way they hold onto all those commits if this horrible football continues. No way.

And, Brohm is being mentioned as the 'savior'. The same Brohm who completely mismanaged the clock not once but twice allowing Penn State plenty of time for a 2-minute drive to win the game. Good luck with that.

Could Clarkson and his dad be playing 4d chess to UL’s checkers? Get all these highly rated recruits to commit to UL thinking that Satterfield could get fired. If that happens they hold all the cards in the coaching search and could be de facto running a college program with Clarkson as a day 1 starter and face of it.

Luckett said preseason they had 1 of the oldest teams in CFB. this result was the most shocking for me of opening weekend. Thought a Cuse win was possible. But gutting lil brother so completely? Yikes.

Reminds me how thoroughly unprepared ul looked against Ole Miss in game 1 last yr. And almost losing to WKU in the covid yr. Sat just doesn't get them ready to go week 1.

Imo I see the opposite. I think the bankrollers at adidas will want a proven coach or hot prospect to come coach the talent. Those kids didn't commit to satt anyway. They committed to adidas

Syracuse played a perfect game, as clean as my grandmother’s chitlins. . . committing only 16 penalties before scrapping by the feisty Cards by 24.

One of the best, if not THE best, posts I've read in quite sometime!
Nice job, Hack!!

Imo I see the opposite. I think the bankrollers at adidas will want a proven coach or hot prospect to come coach the talent. Those kids didn't commit to satt anyway. They committed to adidas
Unfortunately, I am afraid this is right. Team Adidas will do what it takes to save their school. College football is big business.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Satterfield has a pretty sweet gig at the moment, gets $3M a year and apparently doesnt do any coaching and Adidas does all the recruiting for him.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
What's funny is that Satterfield tried to leave last year and couldn't. Louisville fans can never really see the truth, they are not a football powerhouse and never have been. Playing in the ACC has given them some false hope of how good they really are, They should never want to leave the ACC because it will be worse than it is now in any other conference.

Last edited:
Watched the last 20 or so minutes of that game. The defense had given up at that point and had no fight or motivation. They were sleep walking and the offense was not much better. They stood around and watched the QB scramble.

"How has Louisville's stock dropped? Consider: Louisville players launched the "Derby City NIL Club" football collective two Saturdays ago with the published goal of raising $50,000 per month. As of Sunday morning, the new goal is $2,500 per month, with $455 pledged. That's not even enough money for a ride home."

I’ve never coached a day in my life and I will NEVER quite understand how some teams come out looking so unprepared. Do they just not care about their jobs? If I was making that kinda cash I’d at least try to look good. I get talent discrepancies but dang. They looked like they weren’t even trying.

Reactions: JHB4UK
"How has Louisville's stock dropped? Consider: Louisville players launched the "Derby City NIL Club" football collective two Saturdays ago with the published goal of raising $50,000 per month. As of Sunday morning, the new goal is $2,500 per month, with $455 pledged. That's not even enough money for a ride home."

Oof_Size_Large.jpg

Their QB and RB looked slower to me. Most of them looked like they didn't care a lot. Thought to myself that they will be all into it when we come around. Their whole team looked bigger but slower. The whole key with them is to eat their QB up early and often.

Playing in the ACC has given them some false hope of how good they really are,
Actually, they have a losing record in the ACC, and at their best never really threatened for a title.

They have not managed a ten win season since joining the weakest of the P5 conferences (or 4th weakest PAC . . . , ya’ know!).

The conference that blew their skirt up
and made them convince themselves of relevance was C-USA where 10 win seasons were a lot easier.

Lmao what

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT