ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Dick Vitale says he now has lymph node cancer

Hate to hear this. Prayers to him and his family.

The man’s voice will always be synonymous with my childhood, and early love of sports along with others such as Cawood, Keith Jackson, Al Michaels, Marv Albert, Marty and Joe, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan……

Saw thread title and thought someone brought back an old thread. Dang I hate to hear this. Always loved Dicky V.

Lymphoma is rough (as is all cancer). Hoping he has a speedy recovery. I've always loved his voice and energy, even if I didn't agree with some of his takes.
I wish the US would take some of those billions of dollars we are giving to other countries and invest in treatments and cure for cancer. It's taken many of my friends and family.

Let’s all honor Dickie V by sending a check to the American Cancer Society.

This person looks like they are having too much fun on the ACS's dime:

june24-pride-month-hero.png

Maybe the UK Markey Cancer Center is a better recipient between the two organizations?

https://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/markey-cancer-center/give

Lymphoma is rough (as is all cancer). Hoping he has a speedy recovery. I've always loved his voice and energy, even if I didn't agree with some of his takes.
Agreed, basketball wouldn’t be the same without him to me at least. He’s been there since the beginning. He loves college BB that’s for sure. Poor guy can’t get rid of all this cancer. I hope he recovers again.

But you don't know that? You made a huge assumption. That's my point

The ACS has done a crap ton of work to further cancer research.
How do you know though? Do they release a list of the research projects, universities, and professors they provide grants to support? Same with Komen. Do you know how much their administrators make at either?

If you want to support cancer research, then consider doing it locally at the university that we all should be supporting on this message board. What's wrong with that?

How do you know though? Do they release a list of the research projects, universities, and professors they provide grants to support? Same with Komen. Do you know how much their administrators make at either?

If you want to support cancer research, then consider doing it locally at the university that we all should be supporting on this message board. What's wrong with that?
I didn't say there was. But coming in here ,making a non political topic, political is just crappy.

Have a good one.

I didn't say there was. But coming in here ,making a non political topic, political is just crappy.

Have a good one.
I'm not the one who made it "political". ACS chose to post that on their landing page, not me. Look at the Markey Cancer Center website though. It looks like (gives the perception) they are actually helping people instead of appealing to certain people's politics for money.

Reactions: delk4three
I'm not the one who made it "political". ACS chose to post that on their landing page, not me. Look at the Markey Cancer Center website though. It looks like (gives the perception) they are actually helping people instead of appealing to certain people's politics for money.

I'm not going to argue. Thank you for bringing up other organizations as well.

Dick Vitale has earned the nickname Mr. Basketball, for his love and enthusiasm of the game. A wonderful, loving person that never says a bad word about no one. Praying for you Dick.

Dick is 85 years old.
I know he’s having surgery but any follow up radiation and/or chemotherapy would be tough.

On my father’s side of the family alone I’ve lost grandfather, grandmother, uncle, cousin, father and brother.

DV, if you happen to read this thread or hear about it, God Bless and keep up the fight.

Damn disease killed my mother and skin cancer snuck up on me as well. :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT