ADVERTISEMENT

SI: Updating the UK vs. Dook draft scoreboard

Other than top 5 picks, UK is doing better. That stat is kind of arbitrary. We have the only number one pick in that timeframe.

SI site it trash. it's worse than KSR. nothing but popups and viral fishing attempts...oh and the videos that start without any way of shutting it off. mute your tab.

In that 4 year period only one won a national title, and it wasn’t UK. That’s the measure of success for me, not draft picks.
Oh boy, you did it now, I'd be highly surprised if you were not mocked off the board by the all NBA, all day, let's get kids out of generational poverty if your team doesn't produce NBA Draft picks don't dare call yourself a REAL college basketball team crowed. Phew! We are a dying breed ofcourse all this NBA only nonsense will end when Cal leaves. That's the only thing I won't miss.

I'm all about titles, and to me, if my team produced no NBA Draft picks but won 3 titles since lest say 2010, and a guy came bragging about 28 first round picks his team has had since 2010 I'd laugh him off into traffic. If ANYTHING, the more success we have putting pro caliber players in the league while going 26-11, or without succeeding in college, the DUMBER IT LOOKS. it's like bragging to a guy that has a 13' penis that you're better because your balls may be bigger. 13' guy wins all day every day.

I’m a huge Cal fan. He’s a perfect fit, but it is true he could have perhaps 4 titles by now. Certainly 2011 and 2015, and his first team included three NBA stars, Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe.

Yeah that still hurts my heart. Wall and Boogie deserved to be NCAA champions. I don't state that lightly.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
In that 4 year period only one won a national title, and it wasn’t UK. That’s the measure of success for me, not draft picks.

You know what's a measure of success to me? 8 banners. Guess who has only 5? Duke. But let's just talk about the last 4 years. Derp derp derp derp

Your right. My point was I have a bit of perspective having been a fan since I was 8. Things like a single win in 1975 would have us one short of UCLA instead iof 3 nearly 50 years since they took that crown from us in 1969.

lol

I didn't know UK basketball was on your time line. Maybe you don't see number 12. But we will get there before UCLA gets to 12. That's all that matters.

It's no question about draft production and the quality of players Kentucky sends to the league. They're more developed and ready to contribute than the number K has been sending to the league. Livingston, Ingram, Kyrie, Reddick and Parker are really the only ones in the last 20 years from DOOK currently in the league that contribute anything that matters to there team. No comparison to UK who puts that many a long each year in the All-Star game.

The timeframe is when the media perceived that K changed his philosophy and started going after OAD players. They ignore that K signed Irving in 2010, Rivers in 2011, and Parker in 2013. They use 2014 because that's when Duke started landing a bunch of the top guys. So, they go back to when K started getting those guys, not when he started recruiting those guys.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
It's no question about draft production and the quality of players Kentucky sends to the league. They're more developed and ready to contribute than the number K has been sending to the league. Livingston, Ingram, Kyrie, Reddick and Parker are really the only ones in the last 20 years from DOOK currently in the league that contribute anything that matters to there team. No comparison to UK who puts that many a long each year in the All-Star game.
Tatum

Reactions: WildMoon
ESPN trying to keep score for a game that's already over.

Since FBI Investigation back in Early March/Capel leaving:

Duke - 0 Recruits / 0 Transfers
Kentucky - Four 5-star recruits / One 5-star transfer.

Don't forget the great Joey Baker. They got him to reclassify. They say he's a great shooter. I'm expecting at least a half-a-point/per game next season as he and O'Connell fight to see which one gets to walk K's dog, Blue, on Sunday mornings.

You know what's a measure of success to me? 8 banners. Guess who has only 5? Duke. But let's just talk about the last 4 years. Derp derp derp derp
Let's talk about the whole time Cal has been here. I agree the media loves to spin.

But again, the more lottery picks we have and only one title is not something to brag about. Jay Wright should have 3 titles and has produced a handful of NBA guys.

Let's talk about the whole time Cal has been here. I agree the media loves to spin.

But again, the more lottery picks we have and only one title is not something to brag about. Jay Wright should have 3 titles and has produced a handful of NBA guys.

The sooner you separate "lottery pick" from "a player who is more productive than a senior", the better off you'll be moving forward.

Most of our lottery picks take a while to come along, and are certainly far off from showing their true potential. A freshman lottery pick does not always produce the same level of production as a 4-star senior.

If Cal had these guys for an extra year... if we had multi-game series (ahem, like the NBA).. or if basketball wasn't so volatile.. Cal would have 4 maybe even 5 titles.

Young talent is still young and March Madness is still 6 single elimination games..

The sooner you separate "lottery pick" from "a player who is more productive than a senior", the better off you'll be moving forward.

Most of our lottery picks take a while to come along, and are certainly far off from showing their true potential. A freshman lottery pick does not always produce the same level of production as a 4-star senior.

If Cal had these guys for an extra year... if we had multi-game series (ahem, like the NBA).. or if basketball wasn't so volatile.. Cal would have 4 maybe even 5 titles.

Young talent is still young and March Madness is still 6 single elimination games..

Exactly.

The NBA usually drafts more on potential and measureables.

I expect Travis to be our best big man. Washington to be second.

But it will be Montgomery going the highest in the draft because of those two factors.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

I agree with you, Cal doesn't. Neither does the NBA. You won't see that 4 year guy getting picked often at all even though he is "better"

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT