ADVERTISEMENT

Shoutout to $Z71$

He was adamant for awhile that Big Z would be eligible and would play soon. Kudos. @$Z71$
Appreciate it. It definitely took a week and a half longer to get Big Z freed than originally planned but I'm glad to see it.

I hope fans tamper expectations for him. He is a good kid and has talent but he isn't AD type talent. That being said I do believe he is our best Big and takes us to a new level.

Appreciate it. It definitely took a week and a half longer to get Big Z freed than originally planned but I'm glad to see it.

I hope fans tamper expectations for him. He is a good kid and has talent but he isn't AD type talent. That being said I do believe he is our best Big and takes us to a new level.
He looks pretty damn special to me. When he gets really used to playing in games he will be tough. He’s a good rim protector in his own right.

He was special but we got to remember he was not on the scouting report. Probably surprised the Georgia players that he was a 3 point shooter. He won't be as open in future games.
(But he made the one 3 with a guy right on him, just shot right over him)

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He was special but we got to remember he was not on the scouting report. Probably surprised the Georgia players that he was a 3 point shooter. He won't be as open in future games.
I don't expect him to be a top 4 or 5 scorer. What he does on defense and the way he allows us to spread the floor on offense when he is in takes us to a new level. I don't expect him to average 10 a game. Probably closer to 5, Maybe I'm wrong but we have so many weapons that we don't need him to score a ton. He will make us better in other ways. It's exciting to finally have him.

I don't expect him to be a top 4 or 5 scorer. What he does on defense and the way he allows us to spread the floor on offense when he is in takes us to a new level. I don't expect him to average 10 a game. Probably closer to 5, Maybe I'm wrong but we have so many weapons that we don't need him to score a ton. He will make us better in other ways. It's exciting to finally have him.
Spreading the floor is what I’m most excited about! 3/4 of our big men can nail the 3! Love this team!

He's 7'2", who is gonna challenge his shot from that far out? He's gonna be able to shoot over anyone he wants.

He will be up and down for sure, but man, that size is impossible to guard on the 3 line unless you can deny the catch.

• Love
He's 7'2", who is gonna challenge his shot from that far out? He's gonna be able to shoot over anyone he wants.

He will be up and down for sure, but man, that size is impossible to guard on the 3 line unless you can deny the catch.
That's just it. On one of his threes, the Georgia guy was right in his face (well, at his throat I guess) and he still effortlessly nailed the 3 right over him.

Big thing he will do is draw the opposing teams big away from the basket. Penetration for days for Wagner, Dillingham, Sheperd , even Reeves. Lineup possibilities are limitless.

PG - Wagner / Dillingham
2G - Reeves / Sheperd
SF - Mitchell / Theiro / Edwards
PF - Z / Bradshaw
C. - Bradshaw / Onyenso/ Z

IF and it is a big IF. If Z can preform even close to what he is capable of doing, I would love to see the line up of
Wagner
Reeves
Mitchell
Z
Bradshaw
Mitchell would be good offensively at the 3 as he has shown he can score from.anywhere. good passer, dribbles well enough. A concern at the defensive end with smaller quicker 3s. Z as a stretch 4 on offense, rim protectors, space eater on defense. Lateral quickness may be an issue. Bradshaw and Z are interchangeable at the 4 and 5.
Until he puts it all together (if he ever does), let Edwards come off the bench and get some run against the opposing teams 2nd unit. He is just struggling too much right now to warrant a starting spot. Maybe coming off the bench, having a chance to sit and watch the game flow would benefit him. It sure as hell helps Sheperd and Dillingham. IQ was a very good off the bench, Reeves was 6th man last year in the SEC.

Definitely won't be as open but drawing more attention is bound to free it up for everyone else around him with one more threat to have to deal with from beyond the arc. When he shot right over that Georgia defender from 3, just showed how teams who don't have the length will struggle to defend him from beyond the arc. Bigs like Dickinson aren't quick enough to guard him on the perimeter.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT