ADVERTISEMENT

Should sports whose ultimate goal isn't the Olympics be in the Olympics?

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Sports like basketball, golf, soccer even be in the Olympics? I don't believe for a second that anyone on the basketball team wouldn't trade a gold medal for an NBA championship and that's fine. That's what they grew up wanting, not the Olympics. I doubt there is a golfer that wouldn't trade a gold medal for a Players Championship, much less one of the majors. Soccer players want to win a World Cup. If it isn't the top of the profession should they even include it?

Sports like basketball, golf, soccer even be in the Olympics? I don't believe for a second that anyone on the basketball team wouldn't trade a gold medal for an NBA championship and that's fine. That's what they grew up wanting, not the Olympics. I doubt there is a golfer that wouldn't trade a gold medal for a Players Championship, much less one of the majors. Soccer players want to win a World Cup. If it isn't the top of the profession should they even include it?
Transcendental take, Gle(n)n

a spot in the next RUN DMC video?
K9l2.gif

• Love
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
I always thought soccer in the Olympics was dumb, same for golf.

Basketball is fine because country teams don't play each other like in soccer in other events..to my knowledge.

Noticed they've removed baseball and softball. Tho, baseball is tough bc the Olympics take place during the mlb season and that effects several countries not just the US....Dominican, etc

Reactions: Ron Mehico
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT