Reeves 25 (3-17 threes)
Dilly 12 (4-5)
Wagner 12 0-3)
Thiero 10 (1-3)
Edwards 6 (0-3)
Sheppard 5 (3-4)
Mitchell 4 (1-1)

WTF...is this crap, you cant hitch your wagon to Reeves

10 less shots from him spread out among Mitchell, Sheppard and Edwards would have been so much better.

Reeves might have had the worst-efficient 24 point game in history, with that crazy volume of shots

I see your point, but vast majority of Reeves shots were wide open, or open enough. He's gotta keep shooting all he gets. His job is to hit 3's. When Wagner, and Edwards are playing better, and Rob isn't in foul trouble and Reed gets more time, his shots will naturally go down. He had to be the guy last night. Just what it is.

I see your point, but vast majority of Reeves shots were wide open, or open enough. He's gotta keep shooting all he gets. His job is to hit 3's. When Wagner, and Edwards are playing better, and Rob isn't in foul trouble and Reed gets more time, his shots will naturally go down. He had to be the guy last night. Just what it is.
No he didn't have to be the guy last night...last 4 minutes proved that...not getting Tre Mitchell more than 4 looks is coaching malpractice, but Red Auerbach ain't coaching them.

Reactions: NociHTTP
No he didn't have to be the guy last night...last 4 minutes proved that...not getting Tre Mitchell more than 4 looks is coaching malpractice, but Hank Iba ain't coaching them.
Mitchell was dead from playing defense the whole game against Dickinson. If he wasn’t tired the offense would have been through him and reeves. Hence the missed free throws late by him. When we have subs I bet we go to him more down the stretch.

No he didn't have to be the guy last night...last 4 minutes proved that...not getting Tre Mitchell more than 4 looks is coaching malpractice, but Red Auerbach ain't coaching them.
Mitchell could have had more looks but he chose not to take them. Plus he missed a bunch of free throws that would've been huge.

It's a good point for sure. Our problem last night was that our 2 other shooters (Dilly and Shepherd) were also in foul trouble and played some of the fewest minutes because they kept picking up cheap fouls all night. We also can usually count on some shots from Wagner and Edwards along the way but they were both ice cold. I'm hoping that cold shooting from those guys was a lot of nerves from the big stage and not something that becomes a consistent issue. I don't think either of those are great shooters, but we don't need them to be great, just not terrible like they were last night.

I think we would win that game after we have 2 things worked out...
1. A completely healthy team (and a clear understanding of roles with everyone onboard)
2. A little bit more experience for our freshmen knowing how to close out games.

Really, we were VERY close to being able to win that game even with some of the basic and dumb plays that we made. I'm amazed we were that close to winning that game. Honestly, what we saw to begin the game is what I expected. I figured we'd be shell shocked, we'd be completely unable to defend Dickinson, and the lead would balloon to 20+ and remain in the teens until the end. But that was not the way the game went at all. UK controlled the game well over half the way and, even after Kansas cameback with some hot shooting (unusual shooting), still took a good lead and just needed to close it out. The talent is there, but closing isn't just about talent. That is what we are still missing against a good team. And let's be honest, Kansas is the #1 for a reason right now.

Bottom line for me: I am excited about this team and like what I see. We'll see what we get when everyone is healthy, I just hope that happens soon.

Reeves 25 (3-17 threes)
Dilly 12 (4-5)
Wagner 12 0-3)
Thiero 10 (1-3)
Edwards 6 (0-3)
Sheppard 5 (3-4)
Mitchell 4 (1-1)

WTF...is this crap, you cant hitch your wagon to Reeves

10 less shots from him spread out among Mitchell, Sheppard and Edwards would have been so much better.

Reeves might have had the worst-efficient 24 point game in history, with that crazy volume of shots
No one else was willing to shoot it the last 5 minutes (except for Dillingham and Sheppard each heaving up a very forced shot). I bet 7 of those 17 came in the final 5 minutes. Mitchell is the one that is surprising. IDK, maybe he spent all his energy trying to guard & blockout Dickinson.

Very disappointed in Tre Mitchell usage on offense
I thought we would run offense through him at top of key pulling Dick head away from basket
I thought he would get 6 or 7 non contested 3’s
He’s got 1 and made it
Coaching malpractice at its best

Reactions: tomrain
How many of them were jitterbugging before a step back 3, or from a big that has no business shooting 3's?

Answer: SEVERAL

Yeah. Like a tournament game in which he went 1-15 and a game against #1 Kansas aren't bigger than those

Sorry but I don't consider those other games, except maybe Providence to be on the same level. He went 8-18 against Providence, which was good since many were threes, but I guess I haven't got over that 1-15 tournament performance. Plus I really hate losing to Bill Self and the team chasing us for all-time wins

How many of them were jitterbugging before a step back 3, or from a big that has no business shooting 3's?

Answer: SEVERAL
Nailed it. Reeves has "developed" this rushed step-back move that looks rushed and awkward. His form looks different from last year.

Sorry but I don't consider those other games, except maybe Providence to be on the same level. He went 8-18 against Providence, which was good since many were threes, but I guess I haven't got over that 1-15 tournament performance. Plus I really hate losing to Bill Self and the team chasing us for all-time wins
Arkansas at Arkansas was huge. Alabama (ranked top 5 at the time I believe) ran us out of the gym but Reeves was the only one that showed up. They were just as important as November game this year. I'd argue conference games are more important than a game in November.

"Wide open" as in about three or four of them were 4 to 5 feet beyond the three point line?

That's not the type of shots we need from him.

Very disappointed in Tre Mitchell usage on offense
I thought we would run offense through him at top of key pulling Dick head away from basket
I thought he would get 6 or 7 non contested 3’s
He’s got 1 and made it
Coaching malpractice at its best
Can't have the offense run through the only guy that can consistently guard Dickhead, he would have needed to be carted out of there.

Arkansas at Arkansas was huge. Alabama (ranked top 5 at the time I believe) ran us out of the gym but Reeves was the only one that showed up. They were just as important as November game this year. I'd argue conference games are more important than a game in November.

UT was also top 5 one game and top 10 the other.

Baffling those aren't big games lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT