ADVERTISEMENT

Short Dillingham clips

Dillingham dribbling the basketball:

garth-drums.gif

Last edited:
"Playing with Coach Cal he gives you confidence, just play however you play."

Comments like this worry me.
Isn't that the exact opposite of coaching?
Maybe it's just me.
No there is a middle ground. As a coach you dont want to totally take away a kids style of play. He wants Rob to stay attacking guys but at the same time be selective of when he does that. From what I seen in Canada Rob seemed to be doing just that. He reconized quickly when a help defender was going to be sent and he passed the ball off when that happened..

"Playing with Coach Cal he gives you confidence, just play however you play."

Comments like this worry me.
Isn't that the exact opposite of coaching?
Maybe it's just me.
actually that is good coaching
let a player play to his strengths
no doubt occasionally you have to rein them in a little but you should never break them from what they do best

actually that is good coaching
let a player play to his strengths
no doubt occasionally you have to rein them in a little but you should never break them from what they do best
I get that, but the comment just sounds like zero structure to me. Like nothing is being changed. AAU ball is not a winning formula. Like allowing Toppin to fade away on every jumper for 3 years. If you can't already tell, I'm just tired of the 13 year Calipari experiment. I just hope we have enough talent to overcome it this year.

I get that, but the comment just sounds like zero structure to me. Like nothing is being changed. AAU ball is not a winning formula. Like allowing Toppin to fade away on every jumper for 3 years. If you can't already tell, I'm just tired of the 13 year Calipari experiment. I just hope we have enough talent to overcome it this year.
we seen what happened to Skal when you try to put a square peg in a round hole
i found RD's comments a breath of fresh air

for the most part Cal has been good at letting players play to their strengths
Fox is a great example, he is great at playing fast and driving, he was a horrid 3 point shooter at UK

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT