ADVERTISEMENT

Shaun Boykins to Louisville/ 3 star rec from North Hardin HS. Did we actively recruit him ?

I have seen that with the emergence of Key and Brown Kentucky will only take a couple WRs In this class. Unless they transfer for NIL we are set with starters the next two years. We are shooting a little higher on the board than a local 3 star. This will sting if he balls out at UofL and we could have taken him. That’s recruiting tho.

Not an SEC level player at the position. We don't have to reach and take fringe 3 star receivers who we hope will develop in 3 yrs anymore.

Not an SEC level player at the position. We don't have to reach and take fringe 3 star receivers who we hope will develop in 3 yrs anymore.
Isn’t our most likely next receiver commit a 3 star who’s not highly rated in Monteiro? Don’t get me wrong if Coen thinks he’s good I’m sure he is. But we’re not above three star receivers all of a sudden lol

I just hate to not get in state kids who are good enough to play here. I know we are loaded with young talent at that position
Boykins is a good football player. Coach Marrow knows the necessity of keeping the North Hardin hs pipeline open. Coach Stoops has 3 North Hardin alumni on his scholarship roster and it's going to be an important relationship going forward. In this particular case, Boykins has taken a number of unofficial visits to UK including junior day. So he was interested in playing for UK. And he received recruiting attention from Marrow, so he probably could have played at UK if he had been willing to play the waiting game. But his UK scholarship offer was probably not committable this spring. He wanted to get his recruitment behind him. I think UK is currently targeting Emanuel Ross and Cameron Monteiro.

Isn’t our most likely next receiver commit a 3 star who’s not highly rated in Monteiro? Don’t get me wrong if Coen thinks he’s good I’m sure he is. But we’re not above three star receivers all of a sudden lol
With seven Power 5 offers already, Monteiro has a better offer sheet than Boykins. UL, WV, and UK are Boykins' only reported Power 5 offers. Coach Woodward has a strong relationship with Monteiro. Apparently our coaching staff is impressed with Monteiro, and that's plenty good enough for me.

If you're a 3 star, you're probably no longer a take for us.

Benny Snell, Chris Rodriguez, Bunchy Stallings, Quinton Bohanna, Kenneth Horsey, Carrington Valentine, D'Eryk Jackson, and Josh Kattus were low 3 stars. Josh Allen was a 2 star. Aba Selm and Hayes Johnson are both 3 stars. An evaluation by our coaches is more reliable than an internet evaluation.

Last edited:
With seven Power 5 offers already, Monteiro has a better offer sheet than Boykins. UL, WV, and UK are Boykins' only reported Power 5 offers. Coach Woodward has a strong relationship with Monteiro. Apparently our coaching staff is impressed with Monteiro, and that's plenty good enough for me.
Ya me too. Like I said in my post. Was responding to someone saying we don’t take three star receivers anymore. It’s obviously not true.

Benny Snell, Chris Rodriguez, Bunchy Stallings, Quinton Bohanna, Kenneth Horsey, Carrington Valentine, D'Eryk Jackson, and Josh Kattus were low 3 stars. Josh Allen was a 2 star. Aba Selm and Hayes Johnson are both 3 stars. An evaluation by our coaches is more reliable than an internet evaluation.
All those guys in the WR room? Good to know

Reactions: Daniel1962
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT