ADVERTISEMENT

Sharife Cooper

Wonder what happened in his recruitment? He supposedly doesn't have an offer anymore. My Batman detective skills are telling that something has happened.

I bet it's Cal on a warpath. For years this guy had to recruit against Nike, NCAA, ESPN, Coach K's lies, Kansas' negative recruiting, Whores, etc.

Now most of that is gone and he's back on top.. but he' not going to let his name or the Kentucky name get strung around by recruits. I bet he pulled the plug on Cooper.

.. and what an absolute power move. Cooper is likely out of the running, but Cal could have probably gotten him. Instead he said Screw it.

He was just about always an Auburn lean to most experts.

I bet it's Cal on a warpath. For years this guy had to recruit against Nike, NCAA, ESPN, Coach K's lies, Kansas' negative recruiting, Whores, etc.

Now most of that is gone and he's back on top.. but he' not going to let his name or the Kentucky name get strung around by recruits. I bet he pulled the plug on Cooper.

.. and what an absolute power move. Cooper is likely out of the running, but Cal could have probably gotten him. Instead he said Screw it.

Lol. Dude you love that cool aid.

Reactions: kujhawk001
Great news. Not a fan. Much rather have Green and Christopher. Quickley will come back and lead the team as a junior, I’m betting.

How are you not a fan? He’s an absolute stud.

Cooper is like the 5 star version of every guard that has seemed to kill us in the last decade.

I do wonder how well that style translates to playing with a loaded roster, and honestly he's a perfect fit with Auburn, so I'm glad to see Cal making it clear to our other guys where they stand and who is a priority.

Pulling the offer, if all that is true, is a little weird. I'd have to hear more from folks who actually know.

Cooper is like the 5 star version of every guard that has seemed to kill us in the last decade.

I do wonder how well that style translates to playing with a loaded roster, and honestly he's a perfect fit with Auburn, so I'm glad to see Cal making it clear to our other guys where they stand and who is a priority.

Pulling the offer, if all that is true, is a little weird. I'd have to hear more from folks who actually know.
I wonder what happened, to be honest. Cal sticks to a recruit until the bitter end.
I'm wondering if Cal is prioritizing a Green/Christopher combination as being greater than Cooper.
I go back to some footage I say from the Peach Jam, where Cooper yells to the coaches to move back. It looked like Cal wasn't pleased.

I wonder what happened, to be honest. Cal sticks to a recruit until the bitter end.
I'm wondering if Cal is prioritizing a Green/Christopher combination as being greater than Cooper.
I go back to some footage I say from the Peach Jam, where Cooper yells to the coaches to move back. It looked like Cal wasn't pleased.

It feels like if it was just about prioritizing other players we can back off a player that we aren't getting anyway.

To pull the offer has to be something else. If it's true. Usually we don't offer kids in the first place if there are issues, but I don't remember a case where we pulled an offer.

when you find out that he already has given a verbal to Pearl, and you WILL find out that in due time, you will understand why Calipari withdrew. It's a shame to lose out on him from one perspective, but a blessing in another regard. I would explain but frankly I am tired as shit from hearing done deal every time I post.

One thing you can't do with John Calipari, and that's give ultimatums. A kid can't shop him, and if that happens, goodbye. Look, Cooper is one hell of a good player. When I saw him in person I thought of Devon Downey immediately. But Cal is not going to play games with anyone. I am so damn sick and tired of the machinations that are going on with so many high level recruits. Come on guys. Wake up. Why do you think Dante is going to Oregon, or Green to Memphis. Why do you think Williamson's parents live in a three quarter of a million dollar home? Why do you think Cooper is going to Auburn? Just stop.

It feels like if it was just about prioritizing other players we can back off a player that we aren't getting anyway.

To pull the offer has to be something else. If it's true. Usually we don't offer kids in the first place if there are issues, but I don't remember a case where we pulled an offer.
I think you're correct. For once, Cal threw in the towel to move on. Good for Cal, if that's the case. I've been told Cooper to Auburn has been done for some time, behind the scenes.

I think you're correct. For once, Cal threw in the towel to move on. Good for Cal, if that's the case. I've been told Cooper to Auburn has been done for some time, behind the scenes.
Ain’t no sunshine when he’s gone! @Bill Withers

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you not a fan? He’s an absolute stud.
I’m not big on the tiny Pg’s that don’t play Defense. I think he would get pushed around on D quite a bit, and what I’ve seen of him, he wasn’t a great shooter. Good passer, but a Tyler Ulis lite, IMO. Just not my favorite type of PG and I’d be lying if I said I was hoping we got him.

Reactions: wcc31
One thing you can't do with John Calipari, and that's give ultimatums. A kid can't shop him, and if that happens, goodbye. Look, Cooper is one hell of a good player. When I saw him in person I thought of Devon Downey immediately. But Cal is not going to play games with anyone. I am so damn sick and tired of the machinations that are going on with so many high level recruits. Come on guys. Wake up. Why do you think Dante is going to Oregon, or Green to Memphis. Why do you think Williamson's parents live in a three quarter of a million dollar home? Why do you think Cooper is going to Auburn? Just stop.
So Dave are you saying we aren’t getting Dante? Just need to be prepared for the meltdown, and the “we didn’t want him anyways crowd.”

when you find out that he already has given a verbal to Pearl, and you WILL find out that in due time, you will understand why Calipari withdrew. It's a shame to lose out on him from one perspective, but a blessing in another regard. I would explain but frankly I am tired as shit from hearing done deal every time I post.
Ignore the ignorant Dave. I for one love reading your post as do most of our posters. We have a few children posting on this board as you well know.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
You almost can’t blame players for taking payoffs. The blowback is never on them. They get a fun year of college with some spending money then bolt for the pros. 3 years later the school gets busted and the player gets nothing. If they were to start prosecuting the players who take these handouts you might see a lot of it stop but until that happens you’ll see no change.

Done Deal

054878-CC-3-BAC-40-A6-A096-8-C5-C004-C0027.jpg

This reminds me of the 2013 class when Cal went all in on the Harrison twins. I couldn’t tell you who the back up options were for those two, because I don’t think they existed. It definitely lead to some hand-wringing over Under Armour/Maryland, because we knew if they went elsewhere Cal would’ve had to scramble to grab a couple guards. Cal will surely adjust and find some dudes who can play if things don’t turn out how we want them to, but the Green/Christopher combo is the end all, be all right now. And I feel really good about that. BJ Boston is like the James Young of this lineup. A taller athletic guard to play the 3, I would be over the moon. Like someone said before, UK would probably have Quickley back to run the point as a Junior. We’d have a very strong 4 guard rotation, with every one of them having the ability to bring the ball up.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT