ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer Negative Recruiting…?

I believe that Stoops was talking about himself. He used to go everywhere in sunglasses.

Maybe. If Shane Beamer is involved in negative recruiting, it hasn't accomplished much for him yet. Beamer's fortune is tied to Spencer Rattler now. Because of Rattler, expectations are high in Columbia. If South Carolina lays an egg this year, there will be much frustration in the Cock nation. (Poetry.)
They didn’t get a ton of wins in year one, but speaking of his recruiting they’re on pace to out-recruit us this year. Current higher total and higher average than us.

Stoops doesn't publicly feudvwith any coach, ever

But

Clear who he freaking hates their guts

Bobby Petrino
James Franklin
Jeremy Pruitt

Maybe not hate, don't think he was ever a big fan of Mullin
The Mich st staff... he and Marrow seemed salty for a bit. Not sure if the new staff has cooled that but Mst probably gets their door knob smeared with poop on recruiting trips.

Do you think Texas or another program may come for him?

Iowa is my concern. Like Bear said, “when Mama calls, you have to answer the call.”

I’m hoping that Jon Sumrall hits some home runs at Troy. He would be a natural potential replacement, if we have to look at that route.

Stoops would be fired at Texas within 5 years. Kentucky is the only program where he’s the guy, he built it. It’s the only program that’s going to
Pay him long term this way. He’s in the SEC, and he’s loved. I don’t think he’s ever going anywhere. He could skimp down to 6/7 wins over 10 years here and remain. Iowa isn’t doing that, Texas isn’t doing that. The money + security + league + his creation aspect = there’s no way. He’d be pretty “stoopid” to leave now.

That was cringy. This is where we're headed Im afraid with all college sports in general where coaches try to out hip the other. So different that what it used to be where the games/sport itself hyped itself, now EVERYTHING is choreographed and forced. Coaches all talk in sound practiced sound bites (not Stoops as much though) and catch phrases. I like Kirby Smart too but man if you watch that SEC Nation video of their run last year its every other sentence is a catch phrase, tag line. And again every coach does it cause they know the kids like it I guess, but man they spend a lot of time practicing it and forcing it and manufacturing "cool".

Heck thats what the facilities wars are all about. Teams dont NEED these things to improve training etc, they just WANT them for effect.

I like college baseball and womens softball but its become almose impossible to watch because of all the planned choreographed goofeyness in the dugouts. Every other camera shot is of a dugout with teams trying to out cute the other with how they stack their hats. I'm thinking is this big time athletics or a middle school picnic at the Chucky Cheese.

I know you have to have some fun but when you spend as much effort working on dugout routines and turnover skits, its loses a little for me.

Reactions: tngamecock#
It may be negative recruiting or it might be he has grown tired of the media year after year sucking the Cocks. Ink wasn’t dry on last season before they anointed SC as a threat to the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC East. So I’d say he went to Birmingham with a chip on his shoulder and is tired of the BS. Calipari had the misfortune of poking the bear. The man, the program, deserves respect. Who knows what goes on in the locker room but I’d love to be a fly on wall on October 8th.

That was cringy. This is where we're headed Im afraid with all college sports in general where coaches try to out hip the other. So different that what it used to be where the games/sport itself hyped itself, now EVERYTHING is choreographed and forced. Coaches all talk in sound practiced sound bites (not Stoops as much though) and catch phrases. I like Kirby Smart too but man if you watch that SEC Nation video of their run last year its every other sentence is a catch phrase, tag line. And again every coach does it cause they know the kids like it I guess, but man they spend a lot of time practicing it and forcing it and manufacturing "cool".

Heck thats what the facilities wars are all about. Teams dont NEED these things to improve training etc, they just WANT them for effect.

I like college baseball and womens softball but its become almose impossible to watch because of all the planned choreographed goofeyness in the dugouts. Every other camera shot is of a dugout with teams trying to out cute the other with how they stack their hats. I'm thinking is this big time athletics or a middle school picnic at the Chucky Cheese.

I know you have to have some fun but when you spend as much effort working on dugout routines and turnover skits, its loses a little for me.
Coaches with a little bit of class would never do what he did. It was a mockery. Say it on the field, only ones you ever see being all cocky are the ones that are feeling the heat.

I don’t recall Stoops being so overtly critical of another coach:

He’s usually very respectful and circumspect. I think the only other time it was so overt was when he got annoyed at Sattetfield after the 2019 game.

Do you thunk this is in response to negative recruiting going on behind the scenes? Marrow runs his mouth online about every day but rarely hear it from the head man.
You asked this as a serious question, and the way headlines, social media, and sports outlets ran with it as a hypothetical made it seem probable. Heck, I even thought great…bulletin board material for the UK game. After watching Stoops when asked about it…..he said he didn’t even know what people were talking about and it had nothing to do with Beamer. He seemed believable so now it seems like another story that was really never a story….but people wanted it to be. And if he did mean it……I think it’s funny and adds a little fun to a sometimes boring off season.

Last edited:
I think Beamer is a good guy, he may negative recruit but that is a part of his job. Every coach in the SEC does it because it is a cut throat business. I don't know what kind of coach he is, I think he is kind of a good like Dabo but we will see.

I don't see the disrespect from coaches around the SEC for Stoops and what he has done. It's quite the opposite. I have no clue which big time program will be looking for a coach. Maybe Texas, but be prepared to see just how well thought of he is. 10m seems to be the price now.
Where do you guys get this negative recruiting angle. Never heard that from even our hated Clemsux rival. OP starts with a theory, and now it’s being talked about like a fact. The way of the world these days I guess. Stoops is a whopping 59-53 at UK. No one is really afraid to play UK these days regardless of how you want to be perceived. Beamer is 7-6 at SC, so the same can be said for us.

I highly doubt Stoops thinks about Beamer or Beamer thinks about Stoops. They both have bigger issues to worry with and have no real history with each other. This is a story that’s not a story it appears.

But hey, negative recruiting makes a good angle for a non story.

Last edited:
The chickens are killing it right now

They didn’t get a ton of wins in year one, but speaking of his recruiting they’re on pace to out-recruit us this year. Current higher total and higher average than us.
USC was dreadful to start the season last year. Hell, Vandy had them beat and let them steal the win at the end.

That said, they definitely got better as the season ended, and their recruiting has definitely improved. We have the home field and the talent advantage to beat them this year, but 2023 in Columbia will be a tough challenge.

As for the video posted by the OP, I didn’t see Stoops taking a shot at Beamer and USC. Kind of a non-story that made into a story. Just the summer talking season…..

Reactions: tngamecock#
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT