ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon-Sharpe-commits-to-kentucky

To tell you the truth I will be worried until I see them on the court at UK . With the G-league handing out big money no telling what will happen. Glad to get Sharpe and just hope the others follow his lead.

• Haha
Reactions: gharding07
Been waiting all day and night to get this news! Awesome news and day! Just need Wallace, Livingston, and Lively (hopefully we get both) and get some guys back (I’m hoping the most for Wheeler and Collins... I assume guys like Ware and Fred will he back).

As Ski said, the G league is never really out of it. He could sign a NLOI and still go with no repercussions if I’m not mistaken. But unless they increase their offer significantly I don’t see that happening.

Coach O.... we missed you

Last edited:
Based on what I've read about Sharpe, this is great news. With all the pro stuff going on these days, I'll be nervous until he signs a NLOI.

Plus, this is great news for me because his "school" is here in the Phoenix area. I don't know whether they "travel team" plays any "home games" here in the Phoenix area, but that's now something I sure have to check out !

Go 'Cats ! ! !
I’m here in PHX too, would love to check him out and show him some early BBN support

Anytime you get the top rated recruit it is a big deal, in the past it has made other top rated guys want to come here as well.All of us will be nervous until we actually get him on campus but this can’t be spun as anything but great news. If we have a great season on the court this year, I do think there will be more to come

Get bona wrapped up! Asap! A key piece to the puzzle. Livingston style will thrive with a bona presence. !

The breakdowns have sky being tough as any pg with some craft and great passing. Triple threat scorer with some squeaky ability to rise. Where he has holes in his games, they are fixable. To add he does create bailout.

those wanting top 5 players got to be scratching their heads now.

They'll still be scratching next year when #1 Wagner comes aboard. ;)
Why would we be scratching our heads when we've wanted these players the whole time?

Cal wins big when he has elite freshmen, more than any other coach in America. This is a good thing for UK, and we're all happy.

Ultimately, we all want the exact same things: to win, and to win big. Getting guys like Sharpe goes a long way to helping facilitate that process.

I think one of the biggest questions right now is whether the staff is content to have Sky Clarke as a starter, or wants to add another star to challenge him or make him come off the bench. Based on the way things go these days, you would think Wagner Jr is a lock to reclass even though it has not really been mentioned, right?

Why would we be scratching our heads when we've wanted these players the whole time?

Cal wins big when he has elite freshmen, more than any other coach in America. This is a good thing for UK, and we're all happy.

Ultimately, we all want the exact same things: to win, and to win big. Getting guys like Sharpe goes a long way to helping facilitate that process.

I find it odd that you keep defending yourself. No one is calling you out personally.

There are some people on this board that bash our coach constantly. He has done far more good here than bad. We have people on this board that act like he's done nothing for UK and he'd be easily replaced.

I doubt you feel that way, but tbh I have no clue. When I wrote my jab message it was directed towards those folks who IMHO shouldn't get to enjoy it. If they are only supportive of UK and Cal when things are good they are fairweather fans.

To tell you the truth I will be worried until I see them on the court at UK . With the G-league handing out big money no telling what will happen. Glad to get Sharpe and just hope the others follow his lead.
Yeah, it seems like the GL is just watching to see who UK is interested in, lets Cal's staff do all the work, then they just move in with a contract offer.
I'm sure Strickland can recognize good talent on his own, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me to find out that he is just following UK and Duke around, then poaching their prospects.

Yeah, I caught that as well. Why on earth would anyone be scratching their head over something that we have all been asking for???

Yeah, I caught that as well. Why on earth would anyone be scratching their head over something that we have all been asking for???
Numerous posters have written Cal of saying he cannot get top-five talent anymore and that He can’t turn it around and have nothing but bashed. And if you look through the threads of the past day and a half most of the biggest complainers are nowhere to be found with this good news.

Numerous posters have written Cal of saying he cannot get top-five talent anymore and that He can’t turn it around and have nothing but bashed. And if you look through the threads of the past day and a half most of the biggest complainers are nowhere to be found with this good news.
In all honesty Cal has had his ass handed to him for a long stretch. I think ALL UK fans are happy to see a top prospect commit as we know it is a necessity for a Cal-coached team to do well in the tournament.

This was a bigger deal for Cal then we will ever know!!! I know we are excited but Cal needed this to stay relevant with top recruits, and to keep UK in the media’s mouths. This could be the start of an amazing class, and like in 2015, don’t be surprised at some guys sticking around another year to enjoy the ride…

Agreed. I think this has some ramifications past simply "getting the best recruit to play". Was a nice monkey-off-the-back moment for Cal, and maybe also signaled to other recruits and their families, that we're picking things back up. This was a home run for Cal and the staff, and could pay dividends going forward.

No jinxies, but is there any chance he forgoes college?
I really don’t think so. He heard their pitch and their offer. I don’t see him putting them in his list of finalists, picking Kentucky, and then going g-league anyway. Travis Graf said he’s been telling other recruits he was going to Kentucky since winter. He seems to REALLY want to be a cat.

I find it odd that you keep defending yourself. No one is calling you out personally.

There are some people on this board that bash our coach constantly. He has done far more good here than bad. We have people on this board that act like he's done nothing for UK and he'd be easily replaced.

I doubt you feel that way, but tbh I have no clue. When I wrote my jab message it was directed towards those folks who IMHO shouldn't get to enjoy it. If they are only supportive of UK and Cal when things are good they are fairweather fans.
I support UK regardless of how things are going, and I think we agree that’s how it should be.

Where many disagree with you is that you tie Cal into that. Fans should be fair weather on the coach imo. If the coach isn’t doing well that means UK suffers. So in order to support UK we are hard on the coach.

I haven’t seen any poster who just sits around and bashes UK all day. And honesty haven’t seen anyone really criticize Cal recently either, except for the Kofi/Duren situation.

I support UK regardless of how things are going, and I think we agree that’s how it should be.

Where many disagree with you is that you tie Cal into that. Fans should be fair weather on the coach imo. If the coach isn’t doing well that means UK suffers. So in order to support UK we are hard on the coach.

I haven’t seen any poster who just sits around and bashes UK all day. And honesty haven’t seen anyone really criticize Cal recently either, except for the Kofi/Duren situation.

That is fair. I've been through 4 coaches in my life as a fan. IMO, two have been great, one ok and one awful.

Cal has been great at UK.

There are posters on this board who've bashed him and want him gone. More or less stating he'd be easy to replace. To me that is completely short sighted and arrogant.

I'm sure some of them or someone will be along asking me to scour the board and prove it- don't have time for that, but I know what I've read, loaded with innuendo or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I think one of the biggest questions right now is whether the staff is content to have Sky Clarke as a starter, or wants to add another star to challenge him or make him come off the bench. Based on the way things go these days, you would think Wagner Jr is a lock to reclass even though it has not really been mentioned, right?
I think I have read the biggest thing on Wagner is his age. If he reclassed he would have to stay 2 years. Someone correct me on this if I am wrong.

Sharpe comparison from somebody who knows.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s mentor is also Shaedon Sharpe’s. And how would he describe Sharpe to someone who’s never seen him play?

“Have you ever seen Bradley Beal? OK, him with a little Devin Booker. That’s who he is — but really athletic.” 👀 - Kyle Tucker tweet.

Sharpe comparison from somebody who knows.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s mentor is also Shaedon Sharpe’s. And how would he describe Sharpe to someone who’s never seen him play?

“Have you ever seen Bradley Beal? OK, him with a little Devin Booker. That’s who he is — but really athletic.” 👀 - Kyle Tucker tweet.
Me personally I haven’t been this excited about a recruit since Monk.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well, I'm not sure that they said "he can't" get top 5 players, but I've seen a lot of people, myself included, say that "he needs to get the top shelf kids if he's going to stay with the one and done… ".
But I'll also say this, Cal's recruiting took a dive once Antigua left, now all the sudden it's sky rocketing back up again. Is it just a coincidence that it's going back up AFTER Cal brought Antigua back?
Now, I know what you're going to say… "Cal has had the #1 or #2 class every year yada, yada, yada". Save it. He was getting those high ranking classes by volume, not by quality. The 22 class will be #1 by volume AND quality. Big difference.
Congratulations to Calipari and his staff on getting this kid, this is a huge accomllishment and a must have for the culture we have.

I think I have read the biggest thing on Wagner is his age. If he reclassed he would have to stay 2 years. Someone correct me on this if I am wrong.
I would rather play at UK that extra year then gain very little by playing in HS playing against 5'9" kids.
It would be crazy to have a kid of Wagner's caliber for two years. I would love that.

I would rather play at UK that extra year then gain very little by playing in HS playing against 5'9" kids.
It would be crazy to have a kid of Wagner's caliber for two years. I would love that.
I would love to have Wagner for 2 years but I just don't see it. He will play his senior year while building his brand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT