ADVERTISEMENT

SGA big for Canada

Here are the groups for the Second Round.

Group I: Serbia, Dominican Republic, Italy and Puerto Rico

Group J: USA, Lithuania, Greece and Montenegro

Group K: Slovenia, Germany, Australia and Georgia

Group L: Canada, Spain, Brazil and Latvia.

The only thing suspicious here is you having a dilemma over rooting for your country’s basketball team. Every member of that team is American, just like you.

There are things bigger than UK (albeit, not many). For me they are God, family, and my country. And they are in that order. UK follows very closely behind the USA.

Before you think about tripling down on this awful, treasonous (I mean that quite literally) take you might want to read the room. No one in this thread, thus far, supports you and everyone, thus far, supports UK90 and their country.
I’m weird but UK ( every sport) is the top of all my lists after my family….. I still don’t have a problem though rooting for a USA team representing my country.

SGA is just odd. The way he moves seems so slow, but smooth, calculated, under control and effective. It's fun watching him, no doubt. But he just looks usually slow to be that effective. To me anyway. IDK.
That's true. He moves and looks like the last guy picked in a pickup game. Until they actually play. Then everyone wonders why they didn't him first. Tay Prince like.

Luka and Brooks got ejected late in that one. Brooks for taunting and Luka for getting his 2nd technical.

Game was more or less already decided at that point nowever. Canada had a double digit lead with about 7 minutes left when they got tossed. Shai and Barrett pretty much took over in the 2nd half.

Shai is just unfair at times. Other fans complain about how often he gets to the line. But what do you do against a 6’6 guy with a 7’ wingspan that can do everything he does? People don’t realize how hard it is to stop a guy like that from getting to and finishing at the rim without fouling him.

He has both hands, he can hit from anywhere on the floor, and he understands timing and driving angles as well as anyone in the league and again, he’s 6’6! What are you supposed to do? You can’t double because he passes the ball too.

He started today off with a step back 3 lol. If you’re the other coach at that point you’re just…”well…shit”.

The thunder are a good franchise. They are eventually going to put a team around him and be really nasty.

Reactions: UK90
I’m wrong. It was Luka that started off the game with the step back. Shai hits one much later. Got my step backs confused

Look at how patient he is. The dude just never panics and never seems rushed. I don’t know that i’ve ever seen a player quite like SGA.

today against USA in the 3rd place game

31/12/6 with 1 turnover on 11/20 shooting.

Dillon Brooks went off too. Brooks had 39 in the win for Canada.

USA couldn’t even place. I hope we take the olympics more seriously and actually get the majority of our A team to go. I wanna see Bron, AD, Steph, Booker, Durant, Tatum all there. Bam should be there too. He’s arguably the best defensive 5 in the league now. Gobert doesn’t have Bam’s versatility.

I’m wrong. It was Luka that started off the game with the step back. Shai hits one much later. Got my step backs confused

Look at how patient he is. The dude just never panics and never seems rushed. I don’t know that i’ve ever seen a player quite like SGA.
SGA would have been a stud in any era. His game is transcendent. Would have been fun to see him play in the 90s, too. He's a dog.

What amazes me is that out of the two Canadians in Barrett and SGA, SGA is far and away the better player. Never would have seen that coming.

Reactions: Montana81
That’s probably the best game Dillon Brooks has ever played in his basketball career. And it’s also an all-time high point for Canadian basketball …I believe it’s the first time they’ve ever medalled in either of the World Cup or Olympics.

But a totally unacceptable fourth place finish for the U.S. We’ve got to take these events more seriously if we want to keep billing ourselves as the undisputed king of world basketball.

Although the US did have one really cool moment with this amazing play to force overtime:

That’s probably the best game Dillon Brooks has ever played in his basketball career. And it’s also an all-time high point for Canadian basketball …I believe it’s the first time they’ve ever medalled in either of the World Cup or Olympics.

But a totally unacceptable fourth place finish for the U.S. We’ve got to take these events more seriously if we want to keep billing ourselves ad the undisputed king of world basketball.

Although the US did have one really cool moment with this amazing play to force overtime:

I saw Mike Decourcey arguing on X that talent isn’t the issue and we had more than enough talent there to win. And maybe he’s right. But why not just try harder to convince more of our better players to go?

A lineup of Steph, Booker, Tatum, Lebron and AD would have won every game comfortably.

But a totally unacceptable fourth place finish for the U.S. We’ve got to take these events more seriously if we want to keep billing ourselves as the undisputed king of world basketball.

I saw Mike Decourcey arguing on X that talent isn’t the issue and we had more than enough talent there to win. And maybe he’s right. But why not just try harder to convince more of our better players to go?

A lineup of Steph, Booker, Tatum, Lebron and AD would have won every game comfortably.
Maybe part of the issue is that the NBA is experiencing cognitive dissonance from a value level; as in, many of the players have embraced an outlook that is, at the very least, critical of many US domestic policies and economic systems, while at the same time making mountains of cash off those same systems. Wearing league-issued jerseys that literally say "how many more", "justice now" and "say her name" is not particularly the way to drum up internal support for the nation that "forgets her name" and is - according to the NBA itself - drowning in injustice.

The subtle narrative: why sacrifice playing for a country where so much injustice is rampant? Never mind the fact that the same US affords them a lifestyle that surpasses anything fathomable to the historical imagination.

Reactions: Montana81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT