ADVERTISEMENT

SGA big for Canada

You can come clean now. You can be honest. We are all Americans but UK is not your team, correct?
Obviously incorrect. And I don't really get what your point in this thread was ...we shouldn't cheer for the United States national team because it has former Villanova players on the roster?

Not sure what sort of brain-wasting disease one must be suffering from to think that way.

You can come clean now. You can be honest. We are all Americans but UK is not your team, correct?
Terrible take, but you've made plenty of those over the years. @UK90 is one of our most faithful, knowledgeable fans. You, on the other hand, support Calipari blindly, regardless of the level of incompetency he performs under.

Man, he is so smooth. Love watching him ball out.
Makes me wonder who would win in a series for the NBA version of these guys: Calipari's guys 2009-2014 (pre-Duke recruiting surge era) or Cal's guys from 2015 to the present?

Wall - Bledsoe
Lamb - Knight - Goodwin
MKG - Miller
Davis - Randle - Jones
Cousins - Kanter

vs.

SGA - Fox
Murray - Herro - Monk
Booker - Johnson
Washington - Lyles
Towns - Bam

It's ironic because most of those guys on UK's roster from 2015-present were lesser ranked then their Duke counterparts, but many of them did better in the NBA.

Last edited:
I have no idea. I guess it's because I expressed the notion that it's OK to cheer for the U.S. team even though it has former Villanova players on the roster.

I didn't realize those were treasonous words.
I don’t care what school they’re from when they play for the USA.

If it bothers you where they played before representing our country then that says more about you then them. God bless the USA.

Obviously incorrect. And I don't really get what your point in this thread was ...we shouldn't cheer for the United States national team because it has former Villanova players on the roster?

Not sure what sort of brain-wasting disease one must be suffering from to think that way.
Suspicious when you mention Nova twice and skip over the other two. I'm guessing a dook fan tbh.

I'll be honest where you have failed. I have no issue rooting for Canada with former Wildcats on board. I'll have a dilemma when they play the USA and figure I can't lose either way.

Suspicious when you mention Nova twice and skip over the other two. I'm guessing a dook fan tbh.

I'll be honest where you have failed. I have no issue rooting for Canada with former Wildcats on board. I'll have a dilemma when they play the USA and figure I can't lose either way.
The only thing suspicious here is you having a dilemma over rooting for your country’s basketball team. Every member of that team is American, just like you.

There are things bigger than UK (albeit, not many). For me they are God, family, and my country. And they are in that order. UK follows very closely behind the USA.

Before you think about tripling down on this awful, treasonous (I mean that quite literally) take you might want to read the room. No one in this thread, thus far, supports you and everyone, thus far, supports UK90 and their country.

SGA is just odd. The way he moves seems so slow, but smooth, calculated, under control and effective. It's fun watching him, no doubt. But he just looks usually slow to be that effective. To me anyway. IDK.
I noticed the same thing. He definitely isn’t as electrifying as other top guards in the NBA. But he still gets it done on the stat sheet. He has become a phenomenal player.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
This jameslee32 dude has absolutely lost his mind in this thread. What in the world is going on here?
For me, the idea that you are betraying your UK fandom by cheering for the United States because it has a few dukies, or otherwise, on it is one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen in 12-13 years of posting here.

For the record I’m speaking of takes on RR as I generally only read and post in this forum with few exceptions.

I think the game moves slowly for him. He processes at a high speed.
Agreed. Similar to the way Luka Doncic plays. They don't need to move at blazing speed to get where they want to go because their brain anticipates what the defense is gonna do before everyone else does.

I don't think that's something you can learn. It's just a gift a few players are born with.

Makes me wonder who would win in a series for the NBA version of these guys: Calipari's guys 2009-2014 (pre-Duke recruiting surge era) or Cal's guys from 2015 to the present?

Wall - Bledsoe
Lamb - Knight - Goodwin
MKG - Miller
Davis - Randle - Jones
Cousins - Kanter

vs.

SGA - Fox
Murray - Herro - Monk
Booker - Johnson
Washington - Lyles
Towns - Bam

It's ironic because most of those guys on UK's roster from 2015-present were lesser ranked then their Duke counterparts, but many of them did better in the NBA.
It’s funny, my immediate thought was “well, obviously the team with Wall and Davis would win.” But an NBA team with SGA, Murray, and Booker at the 1-3 with Fox of the bench would be ludicrous.

The only thing suspicious here is you having a dilemma over rooting for your country’s basketball team. Every member of that team is American, just like you.

There are things bigger than UK (albeit, not many). For me they are God, family, and my country. And they are in that order. UK follows very closely behind the USA.

Before you think about tripling down on this awful, treasonous (I mean that quite literally) take you might want to read the room. No one in this thread, thus far, supports you and everyone, thus far, supports UK90 and their country.
Who knew I needed thread support? 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT