ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question. Does Cal have the worst staff in the country. Kenny Payne, Chin Coleman, Brad Calipari. Bruiser (aka John Wooden) was not listed.

Possibly but they signed alot of great talent very quickly.
They signed most of the talent they knew but not all. They got one or two others. They lost 3 or 4 as well that they wanted.

Proof will be in the pudding....Have to wait and see what product they put out and how they coach that product.

Reactions: Butters' Dad
It'll be interesting to see the worst staff in the nation match up with the Cats in Rupp, should be a lot of fun.

Maybe Coach Pope will get that elusive tourney win this year, that would be a big step forward. Hope he does well seems like a great guy.

Maybe Calipari can finally get passed the Oaklands and St. Peters, or conference tourney games like Vandy, for a change. Arkansas is a mediocre regional program, so if he can’t do it at UK I highly doubt he can there.

Arkansas is a nothing burger on the national scene for a reason. It’s not easy to win there and we’ve got 30 years of data to back that up so your mouth won’t cut it. You’ve had a 5 year run that gets UK coaches fired and Arkansas coaches raises and left for f^*** USC basketball LOL.

What you don’t realize is how many teams have marginal success and show up here proving they’ve never been there before. Always wanting UK’s validation and none of you reali.w how often we see this from the revolving door of Sec teams that have a little run. Because Arkansas has really never been that program in the computer age you don’t realize how amateur you’re making that program look by what you’re doing. Arkansas isn’t thought about as a premier program, I wouldn’t call them anything but a regional program. When people think college sports Arkansas isn’t mentioned on their list. You feel special because you got a washed up UK coach who was thrown out. Congratulations but we don’t care. You’ll do what to what the rest do and disappear as soon as it all goes away.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Who has the most tournament wins at Kentucky, out of curiosity?
Why are you here, dude? We get it, you think you get the better end of Cal leaving us. Congratulations. Do you think you're accomplishing anything over here on our message board instead of your own? Don't you have posts to make on your own board about how many banners you're going to hang? Get a friggin life.

Maybe Calipari can finally get passed the Oaklands and St. Peters, or conference tourney games like Vandy, for a change. Arkansas is a mediocre regional program, so if he can’t do it at UK I highly doubt he can there.

Arkansas is a nothing burger on the national scene for a reason. It’s not easy to win there and we’ve got 30 years of data to back that up so your mouth won’t cut it. You’ve had a 5 year run that gets UK coaches fired and Arkansas coaches raises and left for f^*** USC basketball LOL.

What you don’t realize is how many teams have marginal success and show up here proving they’ve never been there before. Always wanting UK’s validation and none of you reali.w how often we see this from the revolving door of Sec teams that have a little run. Because Arkansas has really never been that program in the computer age you don’t realize how amateur you’re making that program look by what you’re doing. Arkansas isn’t thought about as a premier program, I wouldn’t call them anything but a regional program. When people think college sports Arkansas isn’t mentioned on their list. You feel special because you got a washed up UK coach who was thrown out. Congratulations but we don’t care. You’ll do what to what the rest do and disappear as soon as it all goes away.
Jeezus man, I’m not reading all that. Yall spend all day talking about us, we aren’t talking Kentucky on our board brother. I didn’t make this thread, yall did. If we’re so irrelevant, so beneath you, let it go and we’ll see you at Rupp…I’ll be here for it.

How many tournament wins has Calipari had since 2019? How many has Arkansas? You downgraded.
Guess we’ll see soon enough, the time for talking will be over soon enough and we’ll come to your place and find out together what’s what. It should be fun.

Why are you here, dude? We get it, you think you get the better end of Cal leaving us. Congratulations. Do you think you're accomplishing anything over here on our message board instead of your own? Don't you have posts to make on your own board about how many banners you're going to hang? Get a friggin life.
Soooo, you know I didn’t make the thread correct?

He's not our coach anymore but there are at least 3 threads at the top of the page about him. So odd, man. If things are so much better now then why can't we move on?
It's unbelievable that people can't move on I mean when we play them I can understand then some threads then about cal but this continual fascination and love fest with this arrogant fraud is almost cult like its everyday you see tree huggers hanging on to cals coat tails cult love fest
american horror story ahs cult GIF by AHS

Reactions: KFuqua
Maybe Coach Pope will get that elusive tourney win this year, that would be a big step forward. Hope he does well seems like a great guy.
When are you troglodytes going to quit using that exhausted roast? Arky got the asshat that gave us those early exits, so have fun with that.

Seriously, the trolls on this board are neck-and-neck with crocodiles on the "Teeth-to-IQ" ratio.

You guys have a stop gap coach who will be done in 5 years or less. He'll get you some good recruits, but you guys are basically bragging about courting Raquel Welch when she's already in the nursing home.

Maybe you guys can get a forum that isn’t trash and start posting there soon and maybe you guys can stop sucking soon as well.

When are you troglodytes going to quit using that exhausted roast? Arky got the asshat that gave us those early exits, so have fun with that.

Seriously, the trolls on this board are neck-and-neck with crocodiles on the "Teeth-to-IQ" ratio.
I didn’t make the thread sir, I’m not trolling anybody, I’m serious…he seems like a great dude and I wish him the best.

You guys have a stop gap coach who will be done in 5 years or less. He'll get you some good recruits, but you guys are basically bragging about courting Raquel Welch when she's already in the nursing home.
Which post have I “bragged” in? Some here seem overly sensitive but I haven’t bragged/trolled or done anything but respond to already posted threads.

What does his Arkansas roster have that we didn't have this year?

Big Z for the full year?
Maybe a halfway competent big with the UT transfer?
An elite experienced point guard in Davis. And yeah a tough big man would have helped us a lot this past season.

Kentucky was nothing burger after Tubby (who won it all with Pitino's players 25 years ago) until Cal came along . Oh the irony

An elite experienced point guard in Davis. And yeah a tough big man would have helped us a lot this past season.
How'd Davis fare against Butler in the 2023 final four? Experience, I'll give you, but was he better than Dillingham or Sheppard who both ran the point at times last year and will likely be doing that in the NBA next year as lottery picks. But we have Butler, an elite defender with just as much experience.

All in all, Arkansas' ROSTER probably has a slight edge over ours in terms of sparkle and name recognition, but I'll take our TEAM over Arkansas' right now, because it's built for what Pope wants to do as a system. In 15 years I never understood what Cal's system was, despite the winning formula in the first half of his tenure here. He was supposed to be the "Dribble-Drive" king and innovator when he came here, but was that offense not really a "system" and more just a matter of getting the ball in the hands of your best athletes and let them drive.

How'd Davis fare against Butler in the 2023 final four? Experience, I'll give you, but was he better than Dillingham or Sheppard who both ran the point at times last year and will likely be doing that in the NBA next year as lottery picks. But we have Butler, an elite defender with just as much experience.

All in all, Arkansas' ROSTER probably has a slight edge over ours in terms of sparkle and name recognition, but I'll take our TEAM over Arkansas' right now, because it's built for what Pope wants to do as a system. In 15 years I never understood what Cal's system was, despite the winning formula in the first half of his tenure here. He was supposed to be the "Dribble-Drive" king and innovator when he came here, but was that offense not really a "system" and more just a matter of getting the ball in the hands of your best athletes and let them drive.
In my view, adding Robinson changed everything for Kentucky. I saw us as the 4th best team in the SEC behind Bama, Auburn, and Arkansas.

Now with Robinson, I think UK could legitimately be the second-best SEC team behind Alabama (Auburn is still close).

Robinson will be the necessary leader that already knows Pope's system. He also gives you a versatile 6'6" slasher who can initiate offense from four positions. We simply didn't have that before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT