ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Tournament 2025

As a fan it guarantees your team will be there although it might be for one game only. Going to Hoover for the tournament is one of my favorite trips so I think I like all 16 teams being there.

So, you can win it all with 4 wins no matter your seed. Can't play anymore than 4. I believe in the current format, you could play as many as 6.

I like that the old way might test a bullpen more. Have to win with a cobbled together staff at times and that, to me, makes you prove you're a complete team and not just a few great pitchers. I didn't like the silly switch from double to the single in the middle of it though

Reactions: KYExtemper
The article from the SEC also speaks to the regular season schedule. Two permanent and eight rotating teams. Has our two permanent teams been decided?

It’s probably better for teams as they head into regionals. Old format some teams really ran through pitching.

This format also provides flexibility if rains I feel like

Would be great if it was football, baseball not so much.

Not sure there are any good options other than maybe Missouri. There are teams in the SEC that sometimes cycle up and down (Ole Miss and Miss State lately), but they will bounce back and be contenders again soon. So, no matter what you're like to run into one or two teams that are outstanding because almost every team is outstanding.

Reactions: SeanCain
Not sure there are any good options other than maybe Missouri. There are teams in the SEC that sometimes cycle up and down (Ole Miss and Miss State lately), but they will bounce back and be contenders again soon. So, no matter what you're like to run into one or two teams that are outstanding because almost every team is outstanding.

And honestly, for a perma draw, South Carolina and Vandy isnt the worst it could be. Just hate the fact that we have to deal with the whistler every year.

Reactions: SeanCain
And honestly, for a perma draw, South Carolina and Vandy isnt the worst it could be. Just hate the fact that we have to deal with the whistler every year.
There’s not really much weakness in SEC baseball, you are right about that.

In a sport like baseball that has some randomness embedded in it, I absolutely hate this.

But since we have a huge conference this is the best we can do unless they were to only allow 8 bids to the conference tournament so they could do double elim.

I guess the sole benefit is you won't burn a lot of pitching in this format.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT