ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Preview (ESPN)

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida
Medcalf: I think Calipari understands the stakes around this season and will do everything in his power to reach the Final Four. I also think Tshiebwe will capture another Wooden Award and follow Ralph Sampson as the only two-time winner. And he has enough of a supporting cast to get the Wildcats back to where their fan base believes they belong every year. But I'm still concerned about their 3-point shooting. Kentucky hasn't hit more than 36% of its 3-pointers since 2016. Three of the past four national champions all topped 39%. Does Kentucky have the shooters to win it all? We'll find out.

Medcalf: I think Calipari understands the stakes around this season and will do everything in his power to reach the Final Four. I also think Tshiebwe will capture another Wooden Award and follow Ralph Sampson as the only two-time winner. And he has enough of a supporting cast to get the Wildcats back to where their fan base believes they belong every year. But I'm still concerned about their 3-point shooting. Kentucky hasn't hit more than 36% of its 3-pointers since 2016. Three of the past four national champions all topped 39%. Does Kentucky have the shooters to win it all? We'll find out.
We’ve got the shooters. The question is this: will Cal play them?

And what I mean is will he play the guys that can shoot the majority of the game and will he play them together so they can spread the floor? Will he get the right combinations out?

If he sticks Wheeler (not a good 3-point shooter), Tshiebwe (not a good 3-point shooter), Toppin (a decent 3-point shooter), and Collins (an unproven 3-point shooter) out there together with one good 3-point shooter (Reeves, Fredrick, Livingston, or Wallace) and expects the offense to be efficient, he is delusional.

He wants Wheeler and Tshiebwe out there, so the rest of the guys out there with them have to be good shooters. Put Fredrick, Reeves, and Toppin out there with Wheeler and Tshiebwe and the offense should be pretty efficient.

He has the guys. He just has to play them and play the right combinations.

We’ve got the shooters. The question is this: will Cal play them?

And what I mean is will he play the guys that can shoot the majority of the game and will he play them together so they can spread the floor? Will he get the right combinations out?

If he sticks Wheeler (not a good 3-point shooter), Tshiebwe (not a good 3-point shooter), Toppin (a decent 3-point shooter), and Collins (an unproven 3-point shooter) out there together with one good 3-point shooter (Reeves, Fredrick, Livingston, or Wallace) and expects the offense to be efficient, he is delusional.

He wants Wheeler and Tshiebwe out there, so the rest of the guys out there with them have to be good shooters. Put Fredrick, Reeves, and Toppin out there with Wheeler and Tshiebwe and the offense should be pretty efficient.

He has the guys. He just has to play them and play the right combinations.
Totally agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT