ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi starting with UK as his top #1 seed

In ESPN’s preseason SEC preview, Lunardi was one of three ESPN panelists who picked Kentucky to win the SEC. (There was one pick for Tennessee.) Lunardi was quoted in the preview as saying, “If I had to bet a mortgage payment today, without seeing a minute of any game, Kentucky would be my pick for the national championship.

#1 overall seed and not placed in Louisville in the South region? LOL OK How is that even possible?

I will say that this is presumably the perfect year to have a great team with the chance to potentially play the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Louisville.

#1 overall seed and not placed in Louisville in the South region? LOL OK How is that even possible?

I will say that this is presumably the perfect year to have a great team with the chance to potentially play the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Louisville.
I thought the same thing when I saw it. There isn't some rule I don't know about proximity, is there?? I know you can't play in your own arena, but there's no way the overall #1 seed gets sent out west (unless they're already out west).

Reactions: mcwildcats04
I thought the same thing when I saw it. There isn't some rule I don't know about proximity, is there?? I know you can't play in your own arena, but there's no way the overall #1 seed gets sent out west (unless they're already out west).
I thought the #1 overall seed got to pick what region they want to play in. Shouldn't be any reason why we can't play in Louisville that I know of.

I’m gonna try to buy tickets to the Louisville regional presale tomorrow. Both a fat chance I’ll be able to and that we actually get placed there. Easy resale value though.

There's no rule about proximity - when UK was the first overall seed in 2012 we played in Louisville for the first two rounds.

We get these same accolades almost every year.
Why do we only have 1 title?
Because it’s hard.

And because it takes an insane amount of luck.

And because fans love to see upsets.

And because the refs hate Cal.

And because Cal plays stall ball instead of keeping the pressure on.

But you’re right. We should have had multiple titles in Cal’s tenure.

Really? you worried about Dusquene?
Are walkons could beat them.
Dusquesne will be one of our lower opponents for sure. From a metric standpoint for us it will help that they’re winning 64-31 tonight in the second half in a game they were only a few point favorites in.

Why do we only 4 titles the past 65 year or so?

The world wonders.
Ugh, this old bit.

What previous UK coach had more talent than Cal has had?

Any of our previous coaches claim we are the gold standard, then proceed to go 9-16?

Cal has more advantages at his disposal now than any coach in UK's past.

Cal chooses to be young, which is not how you win titles in the college game.

Cal chooses to prioritize the NBA draft instead of developing steady rosters at UK.

Reactions: seccats04 and Ugoff
We get these same accolades almost every year.
Why do we only have 1 title?
How many does your favorite coach Pitino have during that same period? How about a big fat zero. Then you will say Cal had better players. Isn't that the coaches responsibility to recruit.

Ugh, this old bit.

What previous UK coach had more talent than Cal has had?

Any of our previous coaches claim we are the gold standard, then proceed to go 9-16?

Cal has more advantages at his disposal now than any coach in UK's past.

Cal chooses to be young, which is not how you win titles in the college game.

Cal chooses to prioritize the NBA draft instead of developing steady rosters at UK.

We have tons of experienced talent and didn't win titles with them either is the point. Joe B was a classic choker with dominant veteran teams and even everyone's hero Pitino choked away some titles when he had the best team.

Uk hasn't been winning titles at a high level for 6.5 decades is a fact, regardless of the coaches strategy.

Calipari should definitely have at least one more title but UK should definitely have several more pre calipari as well.

How many does your favorite coach Pitino have during that same period? How about a big fat zero. Then you will say Cal had better players. Isn't that the coaches responsibility to recruit.
LMAO, my favorite coach is Pitino now? Where did you get that?

We have tons of experienced talent and didn't win titles with them either is the point. Joe B was a classic choker with dominant veteran teams and even everyone's hero Pitino choked away some titles when he had the best team.

Uk hasn't been winning titles at a high level for 6.5 decades is a fact, regardless of the coaches strategy.

Calipari should definitely have at least one more title but UK should definitely have several more pre calipari as well.
Well yeah, we should have more titles in our history, you can point to several seasons where we had the best team.

However, there is no coach that has had this many NBA players come through and crap the bed with them on the roster.

I'm not just talking about fringe NBA draft picks either, some of these guys are killing it in the NBA right now.

Yup, recruiting is part of the job and Cal, for the most part, gets an A+ for that (actually, Antigua and WWW should get the credit, but that's another conversation).

It’s the lack of hardware with the advantage he had all those years that is mind boggling. You simply cant deny it.

When Cal leaves here, he will be Dean Smith 2.0. #Lesswithmore and that’s how he will he remembered.

Well yeah, we should have more titles in our history, you can point to several seasons where we had the best team.

However, there is no coach that has had this many NBA players come through and crap the bed with them on the roster.

I'm not just talking about fringe NBA draft picks either, some of these guys are killing it in the NBA right now.

Yup, recruiting is part of the job and Cal, for the most part, gets an A+ for that (actually, Antigua and WWW should get the credit, but that's another conversation).

It’s the lack of hardware with the advantage he had all those years that is mind boggling. You simply cant deny it.

When Cal leaves here, he will be Dean Smith 2.0. #Lesswithmore and that’s how he will he remembered.
It’s very understandable to a thinking person. Most anyone with a partially functioning brain can look at the inexperience, youth, injuries etc and grasp the results.

ADVERTISEMENT