ADVERTISEMENT

Season isn't over yet!

Can't get behind this, JMHO.

Calipari will keep the program relevant even if the results don't meet expectations.

The two guys you just mentioned required Pitino and Calipari to essentially save the program from going belly up.

Sutton nearly got us the death penalty. If not for Pitino who knows what may have been.

BCG and the end of Tubby, mostly because of lack of recruiting had the program as a total after thought.

The reality is UK Basketball still draws more eyes than anyone in the country. Calipari is still relevant in recruiting and that isn't likely to change.

His results have been poor or late, couldn't agree more in that regard.

Calipari will keep the program relevant even if the results don't meet expectations.

The two guys you just mentioned required Pitino and Calipari to essentially save the program from going belly up.

Sutton nearly got us the death penalty. If not for Pitino who knows what may have been.

BCG and the end of Tubby, mostly because of lack of recruiting had the program as a total after thought.

The reality is UK Basketball still draws more eyes than anyone in the country. Calipari is still relevant in recruiting and that isn't likely to change.

Sutton and BCG were dealt with quickly though with the changes needed
This is why Calipari is worse..he’s doing just enough to avoid a “cause for termination”
This is a slow death ..painful to watch and feel
Recruiting gets you nowhere if you can’t coach them

The program is in far, far worse shape now than it ever was at the end of Tubby and through the Billy Gillespie years. Anyone who can't see that has their eyes closed or really hasn't been a fan long enough to have the context.

Sutton and BCG were dealt with quickly though with the changes needed
This is why Calipari is worse..he’s doing just enough to avoid a “cause for termination”
This is a slow death ..painful to watch and feel
Recruiting gets you nowhere if you can’t coach them

Understand the perspective. My point is regarding relevance of the program...not that it makes it much better but during BCG years we were a total after thought. Not sure if that will happen under Cal or not, but as of now it hasn't. As long as that doesn't happen we are ok. Become irrelevant and then you turn into IU.

Since he cannot be fired it is certainly a slippery slope.

The program is in far, far worse shape now than it ever was at the end of Tubby and through the Billy Gillespie years. Anyone who can't see that has their eyes closed or really hasn't been a fan long enough to have the context.

That's your opinion. I'm not a grasshopper friend...

This season will probably bring 0 to possibly 3 more wins. Very sad. Even more sad is that Wherler’s quit, Cason may be done due to a ‘real’ injury, and Triple C’s ready to be done today if possible. UK basketball is in serious trouble right now due to the ten million dollar a year man. Sucks.

Games in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and Early March don't count. Only mid - March and early - April matter.
They actually kinda do
You don’t win enough games Nov-Early March then you are you aren’t playing in mid March - April
Those games also determine seed,
So they kind of important

Yeah I'm mad we lost to Vandy at home. Win and we are the 3rd seed in the SEC Tourney, well we just got to put our big boy britches on and go to Arkansas and pull the upset. We can do it, got to have faith. I truly believe we were looking past Vandy and looking forward to Arkansas. And yes laugh but I'm predicting a UK win on Saturday. Support my team, support my coach, call me a Cal supported or whatever makes you happy. Been rooting for Ky since early 70's, I've heard the coach bashing since Rupps last few years.
Bottom line is we've struggled with this coach too long. We ALL want UK to do well every game. That's not happening with any consistency. Win at ARK or not, there is no prospect of this team or any of Cal's teams winning anything notable. His system is BROKEN and killing this program because, in Cal's mind, the program exists to serve his OAD delusions. OAD is a fraud and kills consistency to build team unity and there is no time to teach the game to HIGH SCHOOL players in ONE year. Calipari has aged out and lazy ... he can't or doesn't want to teach/coach. He would rather roll the ball out onto the court and scream run, like any idiot. If the best HS players demand OAD opportunity, let them go somewhere else and fail. I think BBN has had enough of the facade. If some fans want to stand up on a soapbox and virtue signal to the rest of us ... fine. That appeal just falls on deaf ears, at this point. BBN is done and it's about time, IMO. The program needs to heal but first needs to rid itself of Calipari.

Season was over before it started.

Calipari needs to retire.

With NIL and transfer portal the right guy can fix this mess in 1 to 2 years tops. Thar doesn't mean the next guy is gonna win multiple titles or tons of final fours. Give me a guy who wins a title and 3 final fours and leaves after 8 to 10 years and then rinse and repeat. It's a 10 year job max.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Correct.

There’s at least three more games. Hopefully there’s 10 games left, but I seriously doubt that.

Crushing loss in so many ways last night. Likely flushed the 3 seed out the window. Likely flushed a 5/6 seed in the NCAA tournament out the window. Might even have to play on Thursday in a 5/12 SEC tournament game.
Might have lost Wallace. Lost all the good we had done the previous 4 games.
How do you beat a team on the road by 16 and then lose to them at home ? Yes Wallace got hurt but they were down big before they actually outscored them from the point Wallace got hurt on.
Just sucks

Well the question now is why does it draw so many eyes? I’d argue that it now draws a ton of lies, because people all across the country are enjoying UK’s fall from grace.

This coach, and his teams are comedy three years running. If I were not a fan, I would bypass Netflix comedies and go straight to Kentucky Wildcat basketball games for comic relief.

I have no particular expectations and I'm still hoping we can win it all.

But if we don't at least win one NCAAT match this year...............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT