ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew's "No middle defense"

Podcast the other day said his defense has really dropped off the last 3 years. I believe they said they have finished outside the top 70. If he's coming i would hope our defense would be key since offensively they say he likes a slow down physical offense.

Reactions: cal=8
No wonder why they beat us twice in a row. A counter to the dribble drive.

We did beat them in the tournament :)

I’ve been opposed to offering Drew before Donovan but this at least is something I can get excited about Billy D or no Billy D. Thanks for finding this and sharing. I’ll try to get on board with the Texan.

Coaching is in his genes.

I wonder if the Drew's have more wins than any family in NCAA history. They have to be close with 1364 versus (for instance) Pitino and son having 1075 or Sutton and sons having 1255.

Some of Eddie's were at Junior College, some of Rick's were vacated, and some of Homer's were NAIA. (without those - Suttons are on top with 1171 vs Drews with 1095, and Pitinos with 952 (or just father/son combo with Drews with 837 and Suttons with 1132)

Others I looked up:
Bennett's - 922
Thompson's - 951

Reactions: chroix
I wonder if the Drew's have more wins than any family in NCAA history. They have to be close with 1364 versus (for instance) Pitino and son having 1075 or Sutton and sons having 1255.

Some of Eddie's were at Junior College, some of Rick's were vacated, and some of Homer's were NAIA. (without those - Suttons are on top with 1171 vs Drews with 1095, and Pitinos with 952 (or just father/son combo with Drews with 837 and Suttons with 1132)

Others I looked up:
Bennett's - 922
Thompson's - 951

I think we can help them out.

Laughing at the no paint touches. We (meaning KU) regularly beat his zone to death by getting the ball in the paint, forcing a lower block guy to come up and then dumping the ball to either side of the basket. Well coached teams can beat the Baylor zone rather easily. If you watch KU/Baylor games, you will see he isn't able to say in his signature zone for very long as we torch it. Probably for the best that you didn't hire him. Never been very impressed with their D. He is an excellent recruiter and has been able to land some really highly ranked players the last several years. He wouldn't have been a bad hire, but I think you can do better.

Laughing at the no paint touches. We (meaning KU) regularly beat his zone to death by getting the ball in the paint, forcing a lower block guy to come up and then dumping the ball to either side of the basket. Well coached teams can beat the Baylor zone rather easily. If you watch KU/Baylor games, you will see he isn't able to say in his signature zone for very long as we torch it. Probably for the best that you didn't hire him. Never been very impressed with their D. He is an excellent recruiter and has been able to land some really highly ranked players the last several years. He wouldn't have been a bad hire, but I think you can do better.
9-25 against Kansas

Reactions: jeffrospn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT