ADVERTISEMENT

Scapegoat

I’m guessing that we will hear that we don’t have any leaders in the locker room. The leaders we do have are quiet and not vocal, the penalties coming off a bye week are inexcusable especially at home when the crowd is quiet.

Last edited:
He will be back due to buyout unless he leaves on his own.

And realistically, unless someone like the Crafts step forward with the money, I doubt we could pull the trigger for half of his buyout.

It is widely believed/reported that the Universities have agreed (or will soon agree) to begin revenue sharing next year, at 20 percent of gross revenue . . . about 30 million for UK.

And revenue sharing will force many schools into greater patience with head coaches, and will ultimately lessen at least the rate of growth of the largess thrown at Coaches, and maybe actually reduce their incomes.

In reality fingers need pointed at hamden and stoops for hiring him. Hamden shows things i like but always couples it with many things i don't, like using two qbs.

Bush also lacks creative 3rd down/rz package, which is more noticable because coen excelled there.

At the time of the hire, i voiced my concerns but said j would wait to decide. So far it isnt a disaster but its far from a success. That said, other members of the offensive staff show promise especially wr. So thats tough. Just frustrating when you see teams like vandy hire a guy thats obviously better.

The last three coordinators were excellent (corn and gran) and very good (scang). Coen and scang just played slow because they couldn't jettison all the nfl shifting etc and gran was a victim of perception due to his own success. So stoops is due a mulligan imo.

The worst part of all is the timing. We have the best roster in decades and maybe the best defense in the country. So the sputtering offense costing us games comes at the worst time ever especially considering the ever growing power of the sec competition.

Reactions: phunterd
I doubt any changes are done. We can't keep changing OC every year

This. Stoops can’t afford to fire Hamdan this season. No decent, much less good, OC would sign up for next season. He’d be limited to promoting an offensive staff member or bringing back Gran.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT