ADVERTISEMENT

Saunders?

I found it. Ryan Black of the Louisville Courier Journal about a day ago put out the article that Richie Saunders 'followed Pope to UK and committed to the Wildcats.' Does nobody read the Courier Journal?

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
All of the reports I saw were that he hadn’t officially committed but that the program felt confident and that he had told people around the program that he was coming. Thank you Keeneland.

Edit: it was Williams not Saunders at Keeneland. My bad.

Last edited:
So the paper article is not correct? Because the word 'commits' is used. If I knew how to post it here I would.

If they said he committed, then it's not correct. It seems kind of like a Travis Perry situation where it's just assumed he will be here.

If he committed or signed anything, it'd be very public

I found it. Ryan Black of the Louisville Courier Journal about a day ago put out the article that Richie Saunders 'followed Pope to UK and committed to the Wildcats.' Does nobody read the Courier Journal?
yes, I saw it too
the paper is junk since they moved everything to Indianapolis. printed stories are usually 2 or 3 days late

Good to keep it quiet so as not to have another recruit misconstrue the commitment. This kid seems willing to play the 6th man role. Don’t need a potential starter questioning his place.

Reactions: JASUN74
All of the reports I saw were that he hadn’t officially committed but that the program felt confident and that he had told people around the program that he was coming. Thank you Keeneland.
I'm kind of surprised Mormons are permitted to attend Keeneland. I don't even think LDS churches allow bingo nights. Here's an article I just skimmed on the LDS website about gambling.

I'm kind of surprised Mormons are permitted to attend Keeneland. I don't even think LDS churches allow bingo nights. Here's an article I just skimmed on the LDS website about gambling.
The Mormon Church is opposed to gambling, but gambling is just one element of horse racing. I am sure the Church has no problem with Coach Pope attending Keeneland. And you are correct that we do not have bingo nights.

Reactions: catfan220
The Mormon Church is opposed to gambling, but gambling is just one element of horse racing. I am sure the Church has no problem with Coach Pope attending Keeneland. And you are correct that we do not have bingo nights.
Fair enough. I suppose saying you can't attend a racetrack because there's gambling would be like saying you can't play college basketball because people bet on that too.

I think Trilly did a "prediction" of Saunders to UK and whenever he does that ppl post on here that it is a done deal. Was accurate for Williams, hopefully it is for Saunders too.

Other than a Catholic church, what other churches have you seen bingo.

Read on here somewhere that two guys are visiting this weekend that had already visited. Those two and 6 new ones. Assume one that has already visited would be Saunders? Who else has already visited?

Read on here somewhere that two guys are visiting this weekend that had already visited. Those two and 6 new ones. Assume one that has already visited would be Saunders? Who else has already visited?
Maybe they meant the players had visited or been visited? Pope saw Osobor a few days ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT