ADVERTISEMENT

Sarr to UK

Great job Cal.. This was fast moving it seems. IMO he gets to play. Because of the coaches late firing. It pretty much took him out of entering the draft. Guess we shall see BBN

photo.jpg

Dont think Cal would’ve grabbed him if he has to sit out plus didn’t Sarr say he would go pro if he has to sit.

Yes. This is all contingent on the waiver ruling. If he doesn't get the waiver, then my guess is he'll just go back to Europe.

And, once again, the grounds he's arguing (coach getting fired) are ones that the NCAA has traditionally NOT allowed waivers for in the past. So I'm not sure why so many here are acting like it's a done deal that he'll get it. This is still a long way from over.

Reactions: westerncat
If Wake Forest advises the NCAA that they want Sarr to be allowed to play next season, does it then become likely that he will be allowed to play? Am I wrong, or was UK's request that Baker and Green be allowed to play immediately a determining factor?

Yes. This is all contingent on the waiver ruling. If he doesn't get the waiver, then my guess is he'll just go to Europe.

And, once again, the grounds he's arguing (coach getting fired) are ones that the NCAA has traditionally NOT allowed waivers for in the past. So I'm not sure why so many here are acting like it's a foregone conclusion that he'll get it. This is still a long way from over.

Cal knows way more than any of us and I don’t Cal would’ve went thru all this to get a kid then turn around and have him leave in a few months. Just saying if Cal got him to commit then prolly a good chance he will be cleared to play.

Seems unlikely he'll get a waiver according to most of the College Basketball media guys on twitter.

If Wake Forest advises the NCAA that they want Sarr to be allowed to play next season, does it then become likely that he will be allowed to play? Am I wrong, or was UK's request that Baker and Green be allowed to play immediately a determining factor?

Jones tweeted Wake Forest could cooperate and help the process. Their new coach already shit on UK's academics so I doubt he's chomping at the bit to help the basketball program.

It helps, but that was not the primary reason Baker and Green got a waiver. The special circumstances that got Baker his waiver were that he'd already been forced to sit out an entire season with injury, and Green only got a one semester waiver and also had already sat out nearly the enitre prior season. Those circumstances don't apply to Sarr.

Last edited:
Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT