ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Montgomery

Catluv

Junior
Dec 18, 2018
Just saw where he tore an ACL first game of senior year. We were on him at one time he is committed to UGA. Looks like we aren’t the only team with bad luck.

Just saw where he tore an ACL first game of senior year. We were on him at one time he is committed to UGA. Looks like we aren’t the only team with bad luck.

He pulled it down to run and a kid went low, tough shot but same tackle happens every game

Hate to see it, kid's a top prospect

I know he is our qb committ, but I hate that kind of tackle as much as any in football. One kid running the ball looking up field and the tackle comes full speed and dives into his knees. Far worse than slapping a qb across the helmet imo. It was the same tackle UT ended Marcus Lattimore's career with, I just care for that, go for the feet, not the knees.

Reactions: mrschwump
I know he is our qb committ, but I hate that kind of tackle as much as any in football. One kid running the ball looking up field and the tackle comes full speed and dives into his knees. Far worse than slapping a qb across the helmet imo. It was the same tackle UT ended Marcus Lattimore's career with, I just care for that, go for the feet, not the knees.
Don't forget TN had a strong bounty system going at the time. Player(s) would get X amount of dollars for taking out the opponent's stars, QB, RB, WR, etc. Went on for years under several different coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT