ADVERTISEMENT

Russell Westbrook

6 pts., 5 rebs, 3 assists after Q1 as he attempts to break the record. I'm watching.

His teammates will make sure he breaks it. There is no suspense really.

What's the score of the game?

Oh wait, I forgot, that doesn't matter.

His teammates will make sure he breaks it. There is no suspense really.

What's the score of the game?

Oh wait, I forgot, that doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter much today since Westbrook single-handidly has them solidly in the playoffs. Were you mad when Willis missed the free-throw on purpose so Briscoe could get a triple double?

Every rebound he gets is an instant fast-break.

23, 12 and 6 at the half. He's gonna cruise home.

It doesn't matter much today since Westbrook single-handidly has them solidly in the playoffs. Were you mad when Willis missed the free-throw on purpose so Briscoe could get a triple double?

Every rebound he gets is an instant fast-break.

23, 12 and 6 at the half. He's gonna cruise home.

So the score "doesn't matter much today..."

smh...thanks for proving my point.

interesting... once your in the playoffs the score of the actual game no longer matters...

keep those individual stats coming. that's what it's all about.

interesting... once your in the playoffs the score of the actual game no longer matters...

keep those individual stats coming. that's what it's all about.

It doesn't matter once you're locked into a certain spot, but you go ahead and ignore that they are about 40 and 10 when he has a triple double. You're clueless if you think he doesn't try to win every game. You're a blind Westbrook hater who is making absolutely no sense. Talking to you is like talking to a concrete post. Good luck.

So he's piling up meaningless stats in a game that doesn't matter at all.

got it

It doesn't matter as far as the playoffs, but it clearly matters to him since he's playing his butt off. Would they be headed to the playoffs if he sat down every game once he got close to a triple double? Would that make him a better team player and make you happier? You make absoluely no sense. Bizarre. Are you stoned?

Reactions: mhap8704
Russell is a top 5 NBA guy over the past 3 years. Not sure why the hate. Dude is a MACHINE. Makes everyone else seem slow.

Yikes. Both are injured, though. I guess it's a risk to buy tickets for games towards the end of the season.

Picked these up in early Feb and should've realized how close it was to the playoffs. It's always a gamble...did get to see Boogie walking in the arena about 10 yards in front of us in street clothes about an hour before tip, Drake was there too getting on that Warriors bandwagon just in time I noticed as well.

Reactions: Cardsstink
According to ESPN radio today: Westbrook has taken 400 more shots than the next closest player & is statistically the worst defensive PG in the league.

Hang your hat on that and kick your dog while millions of us take it for what it is in our lives: entertainment and GREAT entertainment at that. [roll]

Hang your hat on that and kick your dog while millions of us take it for what it is in our lives: entertainment and GREAT entertainment at that. [roll]

????

Your the one touting him as the best player in the NBA. Do you want all the stats or just the ones that support your worship.

????

Your the one touting him as the best player in the NBA. Do you want all the stats or just the ones that support your worship.

I never worship any human, I just don't hate on somebody that's cleary great for his team like you do. You seem like a nerd that needs the last word, so have at it. You are talking gibberish and it's making me dumber.

According to ESPN radio today: Westbrook has taken 400 more shots than the next closest player & is statistically the worst defensive PG in the league.
I think this is the key .. defense is 50% of the game but it somehow never gets discussed. Leonard is a top player because of this. Westbrook is top 5 on offense (even though he is terribly inefficient shooting wise).. but with defense included, I don't think he's top 5. He's great for entertainment purposes

Reactions: 3rex
I never worship any human, I just don't hate on somebody that's cleary great for his team like you do. You seem like a nerd that needs the last word, so have at it. You are talking gibberish and it's making me dumber.

you were already dumb enough to have to erase a post asking me if I am Rex because of some strange nonexistent connection between him & the Denver Nuggets. It's ok, though, I like the 'hater tots' better.

so you spend the entire thread worshipping him & his triple doubles....then say "the haters want to post stats..."

oooookkkkaaaayyyy....

The haters want to post stats but they ignore the only important one: PLAYOFF TEAM.
Sorry, but that's a bizzarro statement. The whole foundation for the "WESTBROOK IS A GOD!!!!" argument is based on stats.

What people like myself are saying is, if you're going to look at stats to proclaim how great Westbrook is, you have to look at all of the stats, not just the big shiny triple-double ones. Because those big shiny triple-double numbers come at a cost.

Like I've said, I think Westbrook is an amazing talent, and there's probably only one other guy in the league you'd want more to drag a questionable roster into the playoffs. But if you want to win 60 games? If you want to try to create a Big 3 model to contend for a title? If you want a PG who yes, can score, but is going to be satisfied only taking 12 shots some nights? If you want an efficient team that shares the ball and takes good shots? Is Russ really the guy for that?

Reactions: 3rex
Sorry, but that's a bizzarro statement. The whole foundation for the "WESTBROOK IS A GOD!!!!" argument is based on stats.

What people like myself are saying is, if you're going to look at stats to proclaim how great Westbrook is, you have to look at all of the stats, not just the big shiny triple-double ones. Because those big shiny triple-double numbers come at a cost.

Like I've said, I think Westbrook is an amazing talent, and there's probably only one other guy in the league you'd want more to drag a questionable roster into the playoffs. But if you want to win 60 games? If you want to try to create a Big 3 model to contend for a title? If you want a PG who yes, can score, but is going to be satisfied only taking 12 shots some nights? If you want an efficient team that shares the ball and takes good shots? Is Russ really the guy for that?

Look up their record when he scores a triple double and get back to me. That "stat" brings your whole argument crashing down. He's fun to watch, but he's not worth arguing with haters about. LOL, get back to me with that "stat".

33 and 9 when he gets a triple double, 13 and 25 when he doesn't. Case closed, unless you're a blind Westbrook and/or Thunder hater. Tah Tah !

http://www.espn.com/blog/okc-thunde...e-doubles-were-him-showing-up-not-showing-off
That stat is misleading. If the player who shoots 30-40% of your shot attempts, maintains the ball for 70% of the time your team has the ball, and takes every big shot for your team within each game, misses then of course you lose. He takes the same amount of shots every game.. if he misses tons of shots .. say 19 like the other night, then yeah they will lose. Besides, when he doesn't get a triple double, it's by 1 rebound and assists or something.

curious how you guys/gals feel about Russell. He has been riding the ESPN PR machine all year. He's a great athlete and an amazing player, but I personally don't see him as a top 5 player in the league.. I think stats are incredibly deceiving at times. He essentially steals rebounds from his bigs, and shoots terrible shots (42% from the field, 34% three point line)... he doesn't seem to make anyone on his team better.. which I believe is the #1 job of a good point guard.

No doubt he has incredible talent, just curious if everyone else thinks he is a little overhyped.

Almost has a triple double in the first half of a playoff game.

Unreal season - definitely one of the best overall seasons of all-time. To average a triple-double the entire session is unbelievable - especially now-a-days.

Where were you last game? He wasn't bad last game.. he was terrible. He's having a good game today. But this game isn't won just yet

Triple double for the season. MVP. You're a hater, man. That's fine, but that's what you are. PS, Harden was putrid last game as well.

Triple double for the season. MVP. You're a hater, man. That's fine, but that's what you are. PS, Harden was putrid last game as well.
Harden had 37 / 9 / 7 last game and shot 50% from the field. Hardly 'putrid'.. and I'm not a hater.. he's a great player but I think his season is blown out of proportion.. some crazy stat like Westbrook has the ball 40% of his teams possessions.. if you have the ball nearly 50% of the time, you're very likely to have tons of assists. I dislike lebron but 2 years ago in the finals when love and Irving were hurt, he played essentially the same way that Westbrook has all season.. he had the ball the entire game and was inefficient but he put up triple doubles and averaged like 40 points a game. Most stars in the NBA can do what Westbrook is doing if they were chasing stats and didn't play alongside another star

How does he not make players better?

The dude is carrying a team to the playoffs.

Not just the playoffs either, comfortably in the playoffs.

I'd love to hear about Oscar Robertson's post-season success...

BINGO.

Missed 26 shots tonight... 26......his team is crippled right now because their players were not allowed to grow throughout the season. Unless you are a spot up shooter, you aren't going to get better with Russ on the team. Adams could be a great big, oladipo has the ability to be a good player and play maker, kanter can big a good big.. grant is a freak athlete who can score.. these guys are stuck looking around for Westbrook because that's all they've done all year. Winning a couple more games (not winning a championship or even being in contention) and racking up assists doesn't mean you're not a ball hog who stunts the growth of the team.. a ball hog can also get assists.. someone who hogs the ball and either shoots or dribbles into the paint and makes a pass for a spot up shot can be a ball hog. No one else even gets a chance to make a play.

Missed 26 shots tonight... 26......his team is crippled right now because their players were not allowed to grow throughout the season. Unless you are a spot up shooter, you aren't going to get better with Russ on the team. Adams could be a great big, oladipo has the ability to be a good player and play maker, kanter can big a good big.. grant is a freak athlete who can score.. these guys are stuck looking around for Westbrook because that's all they've done all year. Winning a couple more games (not winning a championship or even being in contention) and racking up assists doesn't mean you're not a ball hog who stunts the growth of the team.. a ball hog can also get assists.. someone who hogs the ball and either shoots or dribbles into the paint and makes a pass for a spot up shot can be a ball hog. No one else even gets a chance to make a play.

Whatever you say, bro. What are you good at?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT