ADVERTISEMENT

Rural NC Walmart

As an aside, I just retired a year and a half ago. It is amazing to me how many men I see during the day just wandering around doing basically nothing. No wonder there is crime with so many seemingly with nothing to do.
Word. The amount of children being sired by but not cared for those types of guys probably makes any reasonable person want to vomit, as well.

The idea that if we deport 12,000,000 illegals ( who will take probably 12,000,000 more dependents and spouses with them) and unemployed Americans will then take up roofing, masonry, landscaping, farming, childcare, cleaning, etc. is wishful thinking. If they were willing and able to do so they would already be working.

But an open border is unacceptable as well. Maybe after the election Congress will suddenly do it's job and pass a new immigration policy. That too is probably wishful thinking.

As an aside, I just retired a year and a half ago. It is amazing to me how many men I see during the day just wandering around doing basically nothing. No wonder there is crime with so many seemingly with nothing to do.

I think most just want to see the influx of illegal immigrants stopped, and we begin really vetting who comes across. I'd also like to see a month-by-month adjustment of how many we let in based on various criteria. I'd love to get rid of the criminals, but it's just going to be impossible to weed out (until they commit a crime, then they deported). No problem with the basis of immigration, though.. and I think most feel this way.

We need cheap labor in America. Not even our lower class of caucasians and blacks want to do it anymore.. they'd rather just collect benefits, or job hop and essentially just collect a paycheck. So we are going to need the immigration for a work force, but ideally, we'd pay them on the cheap and them work their way up. And it's still a FAR better life than what they had back home.

Just as an anecdotal thing but in my limited experience dealing with Hispanic immigrants over the course of my life I’ve always felt they have a greater appreciation for family and kinship than Americans do today.

Just an observation. Not wanting to launch a grand debate about the why’s or whatever’s.

I think they make for far better citizens and offer much more output per capita than lower lower class do. But that's what we should be doing: vetting the immigrants to the highest degree. We take the good ones, turn away the bad ones.

It’s not even lower class jobs. Half the doctors and scientists in this country are immigrants or non-white as well. That’s the whole thing about America. The best and brightest from around the world come here for more opportunities, and the whole population benefits as a whole as well.

Just as an anecdotal thing but in my limited experience dealing with Hispanic immigrants over the course of my life I’ve always felt they have a greater appreciation for family and kinship than Americans do today.

Just an observation. Not wanting to launch a grand debate about the why’s or whatever’s.
That seems fairly universal amongst recent immigrants. I used to be engaged to an Armenian young lady whose family immigrated to flee the war there. (They even had a pitstop in Ukraine for the relative safety). Utterly awesome people.

There's nothing more American than a recent immigrant family trying to assimilate while keeping their identity, too, imo.

What a remarkable country.

I have to say it's refreshing to read a rational thread on a Hot Topic like immigration. I applaud everyone on this thread for doing so.

Amazing what happens when you get outside the political thread. We’ve got people responding in this thread who actually look at things with an open mind, not just blindly spewing insults for their “team.”

Good input from all here.

Sure there may be a few bad apples, but overall and IMO, I think the Hispanic inflow over the years in Lexington is one of the coolest things (culturally speaking). Great restaurants, family values, hard workers and the Blue Grass fair is a LOT less redneck.

Just stopped at a Walmart in BFE NC.

There were 9 school buses parked in one spot in the lot - Latinos milling around the area. The info on the sides and front of the buses was crudely spray painted over.
Inside there were people leading groups of Hispanics around and then paying for their shit with cash. Almost 100% non perishable shit. I can’t come up with another explanation than they are illegals being bused somewhere. I’ve been reluctant to believe that the border was being flooded but this really looked weird. It’s Hard to come up with another scenario that makes sense.
Guarantee you its got nothing on the frickin United Nations that inhabit the Bardstown Rd Walmart in Louisville. I think there are homeless people literally living in the aisles of that place.

• Wow
Reactions: Stan the caddy
You mean being told they're all rapists and criminals as white people in the crowd cheer? That they've destroyed their country so they're coming to destroy ours next? That they're lazy but also single-handedly stealing all our jobs? That Americans (ie whites) will soon be a minority because the "invaders" are coming and they're popping out kids left and right? That when they've crossed, they're used as pawns by politicians, sometimes bussing them to different parts of the country so they're someone else's problem and then those politicians brag about doing so on social media. You mean how they're also invading America to apparently only vote against one party? That they're leaving their hell-hole country and making ours a hell-hole?

Obviously we need to get a handle on the border but yes, they're all constantly trashed as invaders, rapists, and thieves. Meanwhile, who do I see all over the place? Healthy looking white people with signs begging for money. They're not stealing our jobs when we as Americans don't want them to begin with.
You're an idiot. Latin Americans themselves know what kind of people are leaving their countries to come here. Mostly deadbeat dads who leave their families behind in places like Ecuador to suffer without a husband/father so that those lowlifes can start a new life here.

There's no meaningful produce or meat industry in this country without Hispanic labor. That's a fact.
You're right, but this isn’t the issue. The issue is the outright invasion since 2021 and all the negative consequences that naturally come with it.

Cities are demanding aid to take care of migrants. That will come from the feds, which we’ll all pay for. ERs are functioning as primary care for people who shouldn’t be here, which we all pay for. Auto premiums are skyrocketing in part to cover the costs of illegal drivers. Schools overwhelmed with kids that they have no resources to help with. On and on. And this isn’t even getting into the crime, the gangs, the drugs.

There can’t be rules for some and not for all.

You're right, but this isn’t the issue. The issue is the outright invasion since 2021 and all the negative consequences that naturally come with it.

Cities are demanding aid to take care of migrants. That will come from the feds, which we’ll all pay for. ERs are functioning as primary care for people who shouldn’t be here, which we all pay for. Auto premiums are skyrocketing in part to cover the costs of illegal drivers. Schools overwhelmed with kids that they have no resources to help with. On and on. And this isn’t even getting into the crime, the gangs, the drugs.

There can’t be rules for some and not for all.

Most of the people I talk to about this understand the difference between actual, legal immigration and what’s happening at the border. And all of those people have no issue with immigration if it’s done the right way. Your post is spot on.

Reactions: UKMKG
Most of the people I talk to about this understand the difference between actual, legal immigration and what’s happening at the border. And all of those people have no issue with immigration if it’s done the right way. Your post is spot on.
The fact that we haven’t shut down the illegal crossings while simultaneously making it easier to get the paperwork to come here and work- and pay taxes like everyone else- shows that neither party gives a shit about us.

It's always obvious when you see the people who are all for this while never having to live around it and see the problems that come with importing this. The suburban types who virtue signal on social media and back all of these causes all while they never have to live near it. That Martha's Vineyard stunt a couple of years ago was pure comedy because that's exactly the type of people who are all about mass flooding of the border until it comes a little too close to your comfort. For someone else though? It's totally okay.

The fact that we haven’t shut down the illegal crossings while simultaneously making it easier to get the paperwork to come here and work- and pay taxes like everyone else- shows that neither party gives a shit about us.
All part of the plan to fundamentally change the Country.

Reactions: UKMKG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT