ADVERTISEMENT

Roundtable: The Almonor addition

So Mark Stoops is recruiting BB.
Oops, this is the downfall of having multiple coaches named Mark. :D

For those wondering what we're referring to- this is the opening of the article...

"The big news item on Cats Illustrated this Thursday is the commitment of Farleigh Dickinson's Ansley Almonor to Kentucky. Mark Stoops is one step closer to the finished product that is his first basketball roster at UK."

If you're using predictive text, this could be a very easy mistake to make. Type in Mark and the last name will pop in there, and Pope is still new to our vernacular. :D

Realizing wer're all commenting on the typo and not the article- isn't that typical of CatsIllustrated?

Anyway, regarding Almonor, I like what I see there. He's not gonna be a starter but he's gonna provide quality depth for us as a stretch forward. I expect he will play some 3 and 4. He's another solid defender and another excellent 3pt shooter- and hey, he can rebound, too. He has tournament experience, also, They knocked off Purdue in March of 2023 and he defended Zach Edey in that game.

Realizing wer're all commenting on the typo and not the article- isn't that typical of CatsIllustrated?

Anyway, regarding Almonor, I like what I see there. He's not gonna be a starter but he's gonna provide quality depth for us as a stretch forward. I expect he will play some 3 and 4. He's another solid defender and another excellent 3pt shooter- and hey, he can rebound, too. He has tournament experience, also, They knocked off Purdue in March of 2023 and he defended Zach Edey in that game.

Nice to have serviceable bench players

For those wondering what we're referring to- this is the opening of the article...

"The big news item on Cats Illustrated this Thursday is the commitment of Farleigh Dickinson's Ansley Almonor to Kentucky. Mark Stoops is one step closer to the finished product that is his first basketball roster at UK."

If you're using predictive text, this could be a very easy mistake to make. Type in Mark and the last name will pop in there, and Pope is still new to our vernacular. :D
Yes ... an easy mistake to make using predictive text, but it's equally easy to CORRECT THE MISTAKE if the writer is paying attention to what he/she is doing -- which certainly ought to be the case when writing for publication.
I wonder - rhetorically, of course ... why does it not surprise me that you would write a comment tending to excuse the mistake, rather than criticizing the abject laziness that is inherent in the fact that this mistake was published in Cats Illustrated ? ! ?
Nevertheless ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

I'm totally confused now.

Is Almonor going to be a two-sport player? If so, give him a football scholarship and hold another one open for basketball. Football programs must get a huge number of schollys. Has anyone discussed that? Not a fan, by the way. Name the last guy who succeeded in both sports...I know Cotton Nash played in the NBA and MLB, but that's easier than football and basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK and IL Wildcat
Yes ... an easy mistake to make using predictive text, but it's equally easy to CORRECT THE MISTAKE if the writer is paying attention to what he/she is doing -- which certainly ought to be the case when writing for publication.
I wonder - rhetorically, of course ... why does it not surprise me that you would write a comment tending to excuse the mistake, rather than criticizing the abject laziness that is inherent in the fact that this mistake was published in Cats Illustrated ? ! ?
Nevertheless ... Go 'Cats ! ! !
Well, it wasn't my mistake, and I know I've made plenty, so I was showing some mercy. I'm not excusing it, though. It was a mistake. I don't even know Justin, just so you know. I just help out moderating Rafters. :D

Well, it wasn't my mistake, and I know I've made plenty, so I was showing some mercy. I'm not excusing it, though. It was a mistake. I don't even know Justin, just so you know. I just help out moderating Rafters. :D

Well, I know him from afar... he does what he says he is going to do. That's rare these days and not un-noticed. Been a year or three but he be good people.

BUT, they don't call him ILL... ;)

It's going to happen 1,000 more times, too.

I'm totally confused now.

Is Almonor going to be a two-sport player? If so, give him a football scholarship and hold another one open for basketball. Football programs must get a huge number of schollys. Has anyone discussed that? Not a fan, by the way. Name the last guy who succeeded in both sports...I know Cotton Nash played in the NBA and MLB, but that's easier than football and basketball.
Guys with Charles on the birth certificate make some hay like Charles Woodson and Charlie Ward.

Travis Hunter is dangerous on both sides.

Don't you guys get it, Stoops is so happy that Cal is gone he is lending Pope a hand with recruiting

Reactions: jlett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT