Saw several former Cats got released today. Some notables:

Chris Rodriguez
Josh Ali
Lonnie Johnson
Marquan McCall
Brendan Bates
Phil Hoskins

And I’m sure I may have missed someone

NFL is a tough gig. Just playing for multiple years is a huge accomplishment.

Hopefully they will at least be on practice squads. I thought bates played well enough to stay on but guess not. Bit surprised too at Johnson because he used to start there and i think had two picks preseason.

I still cant believe McCall didn't kill it in the league. Not sure how a 350lb explosive athlete is always borderline out of the league but ya....its a tough gig. Only so many teams run 3-4 and technique is so important.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Hopefully they will at least be on practice squads. I thought bates played well enough to stay on but guess not. Bit surprised too at Johnson because he used to start there and i think had two picks preseason.

Bates did play well, but there was a lot of competition there. Chicago doesn't use their TEs very well in general, so hopefully he gets picked up somewhere better for him long term. Hate to see him stuck on their practice squad

You're thinking of KSmith with the 2 picks. Still surprised Johnson is bouncing around. Wonder if the injury he suffered against the Chiefs is a lingering issue.

I still cant believe McCall didn't kill it in the league. Not sure how a 350lb explosive athlete is always borderline out of the league but ya....its a tough gig. Only so many teams run 3-4 and technique is so important.

Same. I know there are teams that could put him to good use, but they all seem to already have their guys at his position

Chris Rodriguez

Thought it was strange how few carries CRod got in his time at Wash. Had decent per carry avgs, but maybe he never picked up the entire playbook?

Josh Ali
Lonnie Johnson
Marquan McCall
Brendan Bates
Phil Hoskins

Reactions: JasonRDunn

Chris Rodriguez
Josh Ali
Lonnie Johnson
Marquan McCall
Brendan Bates
Phil Hoskins

The Titans cut Bohanna.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
Was a rough day for a lot of former SEC athletes, we had quite a few who got their pink slips too. NOT FOR LONG is pretty accurate.

Safe to say if you aren't owed stacks of guaranteed cash or projected starter and aren't at least 90%, you're done?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT