ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo vs Lonzo

LAL won’t admit it, but they drafted the wrong pg. Fox would have been a perfect fit in LA, and Magic will never admit he made a mistake. Letting Randle go for nothing was dumb as well. But I guess LeBron is pulling the strings now.

Reactions: Blueaz
LAL won’t admit it, but they drafted the wrong pg. Fox would have been a perfect fit in LA, and Magic will never admit he made a mistake. Letting Randle go for nothing was dumb as well. But I guess LeBron is pulling the strings now.

Who else do you think they’ll get ? Lebron makes anyone competitive and he will still be the best player in the NBA next year and the next few ... but even he can only do so much with that roster in that division. I think maybe LAL are eying more towards season after next and beyond. Lebron will still have a 2-3 years left of elite level play at this point and he still wants titles

I think we’ll see some big splashes the over the year/ next summer but we will see

Reactions: Wall2Wall
From the link:

"We are going to play fast. ... You can imagine lineups on the court where everyone is 6-[foot-]7, 6-8 or above. Brandon Ingram, LeBron is a positionless player. ... It is really exciting to think about the length and speed and the way we can play."

Why yes... I CAN imagine a team like that:

[laughing]

Who else do you think they’ll get ? Lebron makes anyone competitive and he will still be the best player in the NBA next year and the next few ... but even he can only do so much with that roster in that division. I think maybe LAL are eying more towards season after next and beyond. Lebron will still have a 2-3 years left of elite level play at this point and he still wants titles

I think we’ll see some big splashes the over the year/ next summer but we will see
They wont sign another max player because they dont have the cap space to sign another max player.

What metrics...Rondo already has a ring, plays on another level. Led the league in assists 3 times, all defensive nba team twice, and Please explain. Lonzo has none of these. He a bust waiting to happen
You know it's 2018, not 2008, right? Rondo hasn't been all anything since 2012.

Lonzo's defensive metrics. DFG% is his defensive field goal %, the FG% column is the league average. Thus have a negative differential % (the last column) is better.
Screenshot_2018_07_15_15_55_42.png

Rondo's defensive metrics for the past season, decidedly inferior
Screenshot_2018_07_15_15_57_44.png

You know it's 2018, not 2008, right? Rondo hasn't been all anything since 2012.

Lonzo's defensive metrics. DFG% is his defensive field goal %, the FG% column is the league average. Thus have a negative differential % (the last column) is better.
Screenshot_2018_07_15_15_55_42.png

Rondo's defensive metrics for the past season, decidedly inferior
Screenshot_2018_07_15_15_57_44.png
Rondo's defensive fg% has been at or worse than league average in each of the past five seasons.

I think they will give lonzo and his dad every chance to fail before kuzma/rondo take over. Once they have failed and you know it will happen whether it’s lonzo playing good and LaVar opens his mouth or lonzo being mediocre and lavar continues to talk. Lebron will make one phone call and put an end to the ball family. I’m sure he made that clear when he signed with la. The best part will be when they deal lonzo is hearing lavar tun his mouth about the lakers and specifically Lebron. It will completely kill what little money he has coming in from bbb and his jerkoff basketball league.
Kuzma doesn't play point guard

Isn’t clear at all.

Zero point zero percent chance Lebron puts up with Lavar and that entire circus, in addition to the fact he's gonna need shooters to have a chance, right now the Lakers have none and only trade-value they have are Ingram and Ball. He's gonna bring in veterans he trusts...there's a reason the Ball family leaked out info that Lonzo was hurt, trying to postpone as much as possible.

They wont sign another max player because they dont have the cap space to sign another max player.

They will absolutely sign another max player. You think Lebron went there to play with Ingram lol?

You do realize they almost had Lenord and George to go along with Lebron. You were wrong. We tried to tell you. It’s not a big deal...

Grow up dude, it’s not even entertaining to have discussions with you anymore as you get so angry and triggered when you turn out to be wrong about something.

They will absolutely sign another max player. You think Lebron went there to play with Ingram lol?

You do realize they almost had Lenord and George to go along with Lebron. You were wrong. We tried to tell you. It’s not a big deal...

Grow up dude, it’s not even entertaining to have discussions with you anymore as you get so angry and triggered when you turn out to be wrong about something.
Such a clueless buffoon. The Lakers don't have enough cap space to sign another max player, they only have a few million left. On top of that, there are no free agents remaining worthy of a max contract, so how will they absolutely sign another max player?

You do realize Paul George never even visited the Lakers and how did they almost have Kawhi?

It has never been entertaining to have discussions with you. You're clueless on most subjects and our first interaction was when a guy on the political board said the guy who crashed his car into those people in Charlottesville was an accident and he was being attacked by a mob. I told him there was video, he wasn't being attacked, and to learn facts before speaking. After that, screwduke called me a hypocrite for not calling out the left then the mob joined in. The mob included you crying about me not calling out antifa and blm. Mind you, I simply told a dude it wasnt an accident and you started in about me not calling out the left and jumping in on the Nazi's are bad train. Remember this?

"Exactly what I thought, duck and dodge the most basic of questions. Literally it's not that hard man. I know It can be difficult to concentrate when you're triggered (especially being an easily triggered person such as yourself ) but it's glaringly apparent that you are incredibly hypocritical.

And what were you proven wrong about ?? Seriously ? Lol Smh people have outlined it 50x the last few pages for you.

Short answer - being incredibly hypocritical, jumping in on the "nazis are bad!" train (conveniently right after the Charlottesville stuff happened ) while completely ignoring and refusing to admit the political terrorist organizations of the left."

You never have any insights on anything, you scream triggered and snowflake instead of engaging in real discussions. You wait until one of the other clowns is attacking someone then jump in, then you cry when someone takes a shot back at you. See this thread for instance.

Zero point zero percent chance Lebron puts up with Lavar and that entire circus, in addition to the fact he's gonna need shooters to have a chance, right now the Lakers have none and only trade-value they have are Ingram and Ball. He's gonna bring in veterans he trusts...there's a reason the Ball family leaked out info that Lonzo was hurt, trying to postpone as much as possible.

You have a tendency to exaggerate.

Lavar Ball causes drama, is a media circus - true

You need shooters to compete in today's NBA - true

Lakers have absolutely no shooters - true

Lebron brings in veterans he trusts - look at his history, true

Ingram and Ball only talent on the roster of any trade value - true

Lonzo injury report recently leaked - true

At least 2 statements here that I would consider false. They certainly aren’t verifiably true. If you really don’t understand the difference between a fact and your opinion...

Plus, you left out your “zero point zero percent chance.” Another fact?

Like I said. Tendency to exaggerate.

Reactions: UKUGA
At least 2 statements here that I would consider false. They certainly aren’t verifiably true. If you really don’t understand the difference between a fact and your opinion...

Plus, you left out your “zero point zero percent chance.” Another fact?

Like I said. Tendency to exaggerate.

At least 2 - ok can you name the 2?

At least 2 - ok can you name the 2?

No. If you want to acknowledge that some of these things are opinions and discuss your opinions, I’m fine with that. I don’t believe that you don’t actually know the difference.

uh yeah, Rondo is winding down and Ball has done jack compared to what Rondo has done in his career. Get back to me when Ball comes close to putting up 20 20 20 games like Rondo did. Or lead his team in the playoffs almost single handily like he did with Celtics.

No. If you want to acknowledge that some of these things are opinions and discuss your opinions, I’m fine with that. I don’t believe that you don’t actually know the difference.

I will acknowledge the "zero point zero" is opinion, everything else is clearly fact to anyone who follows the NBA....

I will acknowledge the "zero point zero" is opinion, everything else is clearly fact to anyone who follows the NBA....

1. Define shooter.

2. You don’t think Kuzma and Hart are trade pieces? (Notice I said think).

uh yeah, Rondo is winding down and Ball has done jack compared to what Rondo has done in his career. Get back to me when Ball comes close to putting up 20 20 20 games like Rondo did. Or lead his team in the playoffs almost single handily like he did with Celtics.

What Rondo did 6 years ago has no bearing on who the starting PG will be in 2018-19.

1. Define shooter.

2. You don’t think Kuzma and Hart are trade pieces? (Notice I said think).

1 - perimeter shooter, 40%+ 3pt average

2 - forgot about Kuzma, yes he has some trade value, not much tho

3 - Hart? I'm assuming you are joking...

1 - perimeter shooter, 40%+ 3pt average

2 - forgot about Kuzma, yes he has some trade value, not much tho

3 - Hart? I'm assuming you are joking...

If you don’t think Hart has value, especially on his current small contract, then I’ll assume you just don’t follow closely.

Your choice of 40%+ as a definition of shooter is somewhat arbitrary, wouldn’t you say? League average is 36%. Ingram and Hart were both over 39% last year.

So yeah, if you get to define shooter, you can say the Lakers have none. Still doesn’t make it a fact. Makes it your opinion based on your definition of shooter.

Lebron and Kuzma were both above league average as well. Svi and Wagner project to be. So I could just as easily say the Lakers have 6 shooters on their roster, as you could say they have none.

Reactions: UKUGA
Oh i know but to suggest as you are that rondo is done is ridiculous. Ball was barely better where he was better than rondo. And rondo as pointed out wad better in certain advanced stats. Anyway rondo is putting in work this summer while ball is laid out.

From what I've read, they already offered him to the Spurs as part of a package deal for Kahwi and the Spurs didn't want him. Of the three young guys the Lakers have (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma) I think Lonzo is number three in the Laker's eyes.

No one outside of casual twitter fans think Kuzma is remotely close to either Ball or Ingram. Kyle Kuzma might be the most overrated NBA player by general media by a HUGE margin.

This dude was worse in every single measurable defensive statistic then Carmelo ****ing Anthony last season. He literally has no aspect to his game other then scoring.

Almost like Ball only has had one season in the NBA? Rondo was putting up 6/4/4 as a rookie too. The Lakers might trade Lonzo (probably not) but it certainly won't be because they want a 33 year old Rondo to take over long term.

Age matters, context matters.

I dont care who starts next year for the laker, i dont care if Ball may be a touch better now(only because of his youth)Like i said when Ball is draggin his team through the playoffs and dropping 20 assist in his sleep, get at me. O

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Kuzma absolutely has trade value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT