ADVERTISEMENT

Romar fired

michael_porter.jpg

They were thinking "if Romar sucks this bad with Fultz, he'll suck this bad with Porter."

What's the point of having elite players if you still can't win?

i think kansas asks themselves this question on a regular basis. turns out conference titles keeps them from pulling the trigger...

Reactions: wildcatwelder
This is great news for the SEC. Mizzou was an embarrassment. Porter Jr will be in the discussion for best freshmen in the country next year. This also gets them little brother Jontay who is a good player in his own right and I think there is no doubt Trae Young will flip his commitment to Mizzou to play with his best friend, especially if they get Martin as coach.

Martin is a good coach and a great recruiter. Will be a solid addition to the league.

Reactions: Cawood86
I don't agree that Young ends up there.He didn't follow him to Washington and doubt he follows him to Missouri.I think he wants to stay home and play at Oklahoma.

i think kansas asks themselves this question on a regular basis. turns out conference titles keeps them from pulling the trigger...
Yeah but even then, Self has an 80% plus winning percentage, he's won a title and been to a couple final fours. Romar just went 9-22 with arguably the best player in the country. Self has underperformed in the postseason but Romar is a whole new level of bad.

If this is how the Porter family plays the recruiting game, Mizzou (or whoever) can have them. We've seen time and time again that these "hired gun" type players--ones that want "package deals" with teammates or dads--produce big numbers but not wins. They don't want to play defense or play team basketball. From the get-go, it's all about them (and thus the assumption that they get to decide who is on the team/coaching staff). The Ben Simmons' of the world are cancers, and that seems to be what Porter is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT