ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Davis Returning to UNC

5th season..wow that's massive for them. ACC player of the year and 1st team All-American. God dang extra covid year. I thought we were done with that crap.
With you 100% gharding. Apparently (use that loosely) this is the LAST COVID YEAR (which I feel we've been told about the last 2 yrs) and we go back to actually having to leave CFB/CBB after playing 4 yrs.

Also-why do players who stay 5 yrs get stats included in the record books? Let them play and include them in boxscore but for any National, Conference, or School record, they shouldn't count.

With you 100% gharding. Apparently (use that loosely) this is the LAST COVID YEAR (which I feel we've been told about the last 2 yrs) and we go back to actually having to leave CFB/CBB after playing 4 yrs.

Also-why do players who stay 5 yrs get stats included in the record books? Let them play and include them in boxscore but for any National, Conference, or School record, they shouldn't count.
I agree, and it’s awesome Clark beat Pistol Pete but come on. Pete did it in 3 years. We all know who is the legit record holder. Take her 3 best years and compare.

I agree, and it’s awesome Clark beat Pistol Pete but come on. Pete did it in 3 years. We all know who is the legit record holder. Take her 3 best years and compare.
Clark was within 4 yrs though. so she played within the time frame we all were used to and afforded to the athletes since they changed a couple decades ago. Records are made to be broken (corny cliche but so true) and just think athletes who get extended/extra years shouldn't be up against the players who are playing under the legit rules, not some fake "Feel good" BS to make everyone get their way due being spoiled.

Asterisk for sure.

Clark was within 4 yrs though. so she played within the time frame we all were used to and afforded to the athletes since they changed a couple decades ago. Records are made to be broken (corny cliche but so true) and just think athletes who get extended/extra years shouldn't be up against the players who are playing under the legit rules, not some fake "Feel good" BS to make everyone get their way due being spoiled.
I agree 100% and I’m not diminishing her accomplishments just saying that Pete’s record over 4 years would have been untouchable, basically was in the men’s game.

I dont get the comparison to be honest.

They are two different sports with different rules and different sized equipment.

Just another thing the media likes to do.
I agree with that as well. Kinda like shooting a 59 from championship men’s course vs. playing from the women’s tees. It’s a different game hitting wedges into holes you would normally hit 4-5 iron into.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Imagine a player loving your program enough to come back a year. And the money of course

Davis wasn't projected to be drafted in many of the mock drafts. He will make more money playing for UNC in one season than I make in 8 years full time. NIL changed college basketball forever. Cal just didn't catch on quickly enough.

Reactions: Zissou87
Dude is getting PAID well to come back. He must be scared of the competition in the NBA.

All you can do is laugh at that program, worst cheaters in college basketball and continue to keep good players longer than any other school could. What’s another asterisk, they have no shame.

This is a prime example of the trick in the college game today. You have to find guys to fill your roster who are really talented players for the college game, but their measurables and/or skills don’t necessarily translate well to lottery pick draft levels. You maybe want 1-2 guys on the roster who definitely have lottery picks in their future.

I think we are now focused on constructing rosters with this approach. It will come down to how our new coach identifies and evaluates such talent, blends the roster from season to season, and then ultimately how he coaches and manages them.

This is the kind of culture that Pope will build at UK we will have kids that will want to come back for multiple years at UK. This might take a few seasons to reap the benefits but we will start to see this soon enough and I can’t wait.

Reactions: member-chewy
I have an issue.

Help me here.

COVID canceled tournament in 2020.

2020 freshman
2021 Sophomore
2022 Junior
2023 Senior
2024 COVID year
2025???

The legit record holder is....... (checks notes)........ Caitlin Clark

Reactions: Sejonesy
A few good comments listed above (kywildcat41086 in particular was spot on), and I do think Pope will get it done. But a bunch of the other comments attempting to clown UNC…all while you’re on the cusp of being the laughing stock of all of college basketball is insane! UNC will prob be ranked top5 next year and in-contrast Kentucky haven’t had any success in years!

You can always have fun with UNC later I guess but imo after all that has transpired now is not the time for Kentucky to joke joke with anybody. Y’all got work to do!

A few good comments listed above (kywildcat41086 in particular was spot on), and I do think Pope will get it done. But a bunch of the other comments attempting to clown UNC…all while you’re on the cusp of being the laughing stock of all of college basketball is insane! UNC will prob be ranked top5 next year and in-contrast Kentucky haven’t had any success in years!

You can always have fun with UNC later I guess but imo after all that has transpired now is not the time for Kentucky to joke joke with anybody. Y’all got work to do!

Considering the academic fraud under Dean and Roy that has never been punished I don't think any UNC fan could ever say anything that I can't laugh at. UNC is the biggest joke program in history and it isn't even close.

Considering the academic fraud under Dean and Roy that has never been punished I don't think any UNC fan could ever say anything that I can't laugh at. UNC is the biggest joke program in history and it isn't even close.
Not that agree with you but if you think Kentucky is Angel university…bless your little heart my child! Y’all got work to do sir!

Not that agree with you but if you think Kentucky is Angel university…bless your little heart my child! Y’all got work to do sir!

Nobody said we were. But, saying that is like saying, "Yeah, I murdered my wife but you haven't always treated your wife all that well either." LOL UK has actually had players who didn't academically qualify for not doing work in the classroom. Who was the last UNC player to have that issue?? Fake classes means everybody at UNC gets passing grades!!! Free degrees!!! Dean and Roy are the masters of scum.

Nobody said we were. But, saying that is like saying, "Yeah, I murdered my wife but you haven't always treated your wife all that well either." LOL UK has actually had players who didn't academically qualify for not doing work in the classroom. Who was the last UNC player to have that issue?? Fake classes means everybody at UNC gets passing grades!!! Free degrees!!! Dean and Roy are the masters of scum.
Hey bro no need to bust a blood vessel. Geesh! After all, I honestly believe you think Kentucky is Angel University; a place where all broken rules are properly punished and all things are now squeaky clean, right? Not too many places can make that claim but looks Kentucky sure can. And heck, I peacefully gave you your flowers in your belief by saying “bless your little heart my child!” I did sir.

The legit record holder is....... (checks notes)........ Caitlin Clark
Of course it is, but the fact remains it’s took 4 years vs. 3. That’s the point and it’s not arguable on those facts. Give Pete 38 more games or however many more she played. He has the men’s record which is a better record period.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Whatever else, it is unusual for UNC to have a returning 1st-team All-American. Hansbrough was the last one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT