ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Larry McMurtry

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
Wrote Lonesome Dove and Terms of Endearment

OT: His son James, is a singer and songwriter who wrote "Levelland", covered by Robert Earl Keen, Jr. and is one of his best songs ever recorded, although McMurtry's version is good as well

Lonesome Dove is the best thing I've ever seen on TV in my 44 years of life on this planet. The sequels and prequel were pretty damn good too. I agree, the guy could write. His character development and storylines are second to none. I hate to hear of his passing.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
I feel bad for his three sons. RIP

73714_v9_bb.jpg

Lonesome Dove is the best thing I've ever seen on TV in my 44 years of life on this planet. The sequels and prequel were pretty damn good too. I agree, the guy could write. His character development and storylines are second to none. I hate to hear of his passing.

Great, great show. And Diane Lane, Lord Almighty. sheer perfection.

Now back to making fun of someone passing.

Reactions: -Mav-
c024bafe083c59ea8c2af08d6224c823_xl.jpg

His father, Arthur Digby Sellers (who currently has health problems) wrote the best episodes of the TV series, “Branded”.

He has learned the hard way that this is what happens by being a little shit and effing strangers in the ass.

D-

RIP

Last edited:
I love The Wire. RIP
339071TheWirejacket02.jpg

I still can't believe they killed Wallace off like that. RIP Wallace, too.

Reactions: JDHoss
Lonesome Dove is the best book I have ever read. Even the mini-series, which is excellent, doesn't touch it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT