ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Cracker Barrel

Cold Spring might have the only one in the world not next to a highway. Easy to boycott though. 🤣
Was there 5 weeks ago. Heard they were trying locations off interstates is why they built it. It was packed 11a. on a Saturday.

I think the correct word is southern. I was raised the same. Two southern mothers. My grandma has the thickest southern accent ive ever heard. When my mom went to California, they thought she was from Mississippi. Lmao.
I suppose, although there are those who would argue Kentucky, even Russell County, isn't southern, but I get your point my friend.

Some idiot on Twitter espousing some ignorant take doesn't exactly qualify.

That Tweet's completely false and it's been debunked to death in the two years it's been around, but it's still been liked almost 37.7 thousand times and shared over 13.3 thousand times. So it isn't just "some idiot" espousing an ignorant take, it's literally tens of thousands of idiots espousing an ignorant take. XD

I suppose, although there are those who would argue Kentucky, even Russell County, isn't southern, but I get your point my friend.
Anyone who thinks Kentucky isn't southern is pretty misinformed. I mean you can aruge that 4 counties out of what 120 are Midwestern. But the rest is southern. Below the ohio river and mason-dixon. Also, there's this...southern dialect map. The people in the deep south think North Carolina and Texas are ''yankee states.'' So not sure they can be asked. If it was up to them the south would be like 6 states.
Southern_dialect_map.png

That Tweet's completely false and it's been debunked to death in the two years it's been around, but it's still been liked almost 37.7 thousand times and shared over 13.3 thousand times. So it isn't just "some idiot" espousing an ignorant take, it's literally tens of thousands of idiots espousing an ignorant take. XD
Birds of a feather.

Anyone who thinks Kentucky isn't southern is pretty misinformed. I mean you can aruge that 4 counties out of what 120 are Midwestern. But the rest is southern. Below the ohio river and mason-dixon. Also, there's this...southern dialect map. The people in the deep south think North Carolina and Texas are ''yankee states.'' So not sure they can be asked. If it was up to them the south would be like 6 states.
Southern_dialect_map.png
Oh, I agree with you, I think that map is pretty accurate. Some folks here talk as if they're from south Mississippi, LOL.

One of my very best friends, ( R.I.P buddy), was from, as he would always say when asked: " Halfway between Mcafee and Salvisa", LMAO. Dude literally sounded like he was from the southernmost US.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Oh, I agree with you, I think that map is pretty accurate. Some folks here talk as if they're from south Mississippi, LOL.

One of my very best friends, ( R.I.P buddy), was from, as he would always say when asked: " Halfway between Mcafee and Salvisa", LMAO. Dude literally sounded like he was from the southernmost US.
Lol, Kentucky is in some ways more southern than deep southern states. I always say Kentucky is upper south with tn, nc, va. And then you got the deep south of course. The true ''border state'' is Missouri. They don't know what the hell they are.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
I can't stand breakfast gravy from any restaurant. When you grow up on gravy made from bacon grease, flour, and milk on homemade biscuits then it ruins you forever on biscuits and gravy from anywhere else as it doesn't come close to what you're used to.

Now the pancakes, that's a different story...
That does sound pretty damn tasty

Reactions: LOL_Man
One of my black friends once referred to the “general store” of Cracker Barrel as a “sun down town” and I about died of laughter.

This was while we were eating there.

It could be just me, but I do feel like the quality of their food has dipped a little in the last 15 years or so. But, I always get the country boy breakfast with the sirloin steak. Can’t beat 3 eggs, hash brown casserole, grits, biscuits and gravy and a decent steak for $13. Helluva deal.

Damn straight. Bacon grease and/or sausage grease, ( although the sausage had best be real country sausage, not 99% of the crap sold in the supermarkets marketed as such.)

I was lucky to be raised by parents who were themselves raised back in the day, "country". As such, my grandmother and mother are/were, incredible cooks.

About twice a month I make my son and I country gravy and biscuits, and while I really like Cracker Barrell's catfish dinner, and breakfast, their gravy is shit compared to mine.:)
I get the catfish dinner too, and yeah, I can make better gravy. I think the only thing I ever got at a Cracker Barrel that I didn't like was a chicken tender dinner. It was good, but it was an elementary school size portion. As for the pancakes, they're probably the best you can get at a chain, but I guess depending on where you live, there should be a local joint or three that can beat them.

We have one here in Somerset. It's packed all the time. Ohioans love it in the summer before and after they trash our lake.
Approx. 45 minutes from I-75.

You have to wonder about the mind that put all those random pieces of bizarre logic together to come up with the premise that Cracker Barrel, of all companies, is pushing a subversive racist agenda in modern day America.
Gives total credence to the assertion that some people just see dudes in white hoods behind every tree.
SMH.

Reactions: roguemocha
We have one here in Somerset. It's packed all the time. Ohioans love it in the summer before and after they trash our lake.
Approx. 45 minutes from I-75.

You have to wonder about the mind that put all those random pieces of bizarre logic together to come up with the premise that Cracker Barrel, of all companies, is pushing a subversive racist agenda in modern day America.
Gives total credence to the assertion that some people just see dudes in white hoods behind every tree.
SMH.
Damn yankees.

I don't know why, but I am starting to get this uncomfortable vibe that Rogue high fives bros in the gym. I don't want to think it's true but I can't escape the impression that he's had more than a few :::high five::: "brah you're crushing it" moments.

Reactions: roguemocha
Can something be racist if no one even knows what it means or sees the hidden meaning?
Absolutely. you been living under a rock? everything, flora, fauna, mineral, is racist. sometimes it’s a little hard to see, kinda like hunting morels.

My go to breakfast at cb—fried catfish, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, all slathered with tabasco, and a side of biscuit and gravy.

Absolutely. you been living under a rock? everything, flora, fauna, mineral, is racist. sometimes it’s a little hard to see, kinda like hunting morels.

My go to breakfast at cb—fried catfish, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, all slathered with tabasco, and a side of biscuit and gravy.
Catfish for breakfast? New earned respect.

Reactions: blubo
WH does have better entertainment after sunset.
Cracker Barrel does not have hash browns like Waffle House does. That is their one biggest weakness. I know I will be hated on for it but I just don't like that weird hash brown casserole thing they offer. I want hash browns doubled with tomatoes and onions. Not some mushy goo they call hash brown casserole.

Cracker Barrel does not have hash browns like Waffle House does. That is their one biggest weakness. I know I will be hated on for it but I just don't like that weird hash brown casserole thing they offer. I want hash browns doubled with tomatoes and onions. Not some mushy goo they call hash brown casserole.

Yes they do have griddle hash browns. Quit talking bad about CB you obviously have no idea about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT